Is there a toggle option for "mouse use" in VR?

jk9

I am using HOTAS with VR headset and turned off "use mouse" in VR option.

The reason is that I do not want to move my hand from stick to mouse every time I need to click something.

I just simply move my head to aim a button I want to manipulate and click a left-mouse-click-assigned-button on my throttle. 

In this way, mouse pointer is always centered in my screen but I just force turn off the pointer using LAlt+C when I don't need it. It is also assigned on my throttle btw.

It works really well but sometimes I need to interact with buttons in an area where I need to turn my head over 90+ degree. That gives me neck pain.

So when it happens, I need to use a mouse. But because I turned off "use mouse" in VR option, I have to pause the game, navigate to VR option, and tick the "use mouse" and close the menu. Once I am done with the mouse, I have to do that all again to use "VR head tracking mouse".

That's a lot of work to do. So my question is, is there a toggle key for turning on and off the "use mouse" in VR?

It would be super awesome to have it, and it will save a lot of my time.

Please tell me if there is a such option.

• Like 2

Why not just keep vr mouse enabled and manually centre the cursor in your view, right click to show the cursor and it will auto hide again after a while. The cursor still follows the headset with vr mouse on.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

40 minutes ago, edmuss said:

Why not just keep vr mouse enabled and manually centre the cursor in your view, right click to show the cursor and it will auto hide again after a while. The cursor still follows the headset with vr mouse on.

The comms menu is a pain in the neck this way as it switches to a separate cursor. You also need to re centre it every time you use the mouse.

The suggestion to disable/enable the "use mouse" function in the VR settings via a mappable button click would be really useful I think. 

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

Ah I use an app that lets you navigate the radio menus without using the mouse. Bind the keys to the warthog mic hat + stick paddle modifier and you don't need to come off the hotas 🙂

Can't for the life of me remember what it's called though, I'll try to find out.

edit: it's DCS menu nav.

Edited by edmuss
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.