[DCS ISSUE] AIM-54 TWS launch make AI to chaff instantly

diditopgun

Hello ! 🙂

I just come back from a multiplayer session in multicrew on a PvE server.

After looking at the tacview I noticed this:

At every AIM-54(A Mk60) launch in TWS (at 40nm), the AI fighters targets start to chaff instantly (seen on the 6 targets we engaged). AI is aware of the

missile launch from the begining whereas it should be when it become active.

They seems to do a defensive maneuver too, but it looks like more kind of cranks than a real defensive.

Edited by IronMike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

This was a deliberate decision by ED to make the AI generally aware of missiles fired at them that would not otherwise have an overt warning. They will also react to TWS AIM-120s fired by F-15s, F-16s and F/A-18s, as well as IR missile shots. 

33 minutes ago, Spurts said:

That's the whole point of TWS missiles, and I was pretty sure that was a bug they said they fixed a while back and that the AI shouldn't react until the missiles go active.

Oh man, they did change it for the AMRAAMs! That's awesome! Quickly testing, it looks like that was something done with the new API though. Every other ARH missile in the game (MICA-RF, R-77, SD-10, AIM-54) appears to elicit the instant prismatic situational awareness reaction from the AI. It's probably something ED needs to fix / only available with the new API, but I'll forward it along anyhow. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spurts said:

That's the whole point of TWS missiles, and I was pretty sure that was a bug they said they fixed a while back and that the AI shouldn't react until the missiles go active.

I mean, that's not realistic either. Good pilots anticipate when they're probably being shot at. They don't just fly straight ahead like dummies until their RWR tells them a missile has gone active. And chaff shouldn't have any effect on PD radar guided missiles anyway, so it's questionable that the AI should even dispense it at all, but I do think they should be capable of reacting in some way before the actual pitbull is achieved.

• Like 1

• IronMike changed the title to [DCS ISSUE] AIM-54 TWS launch make AI to chaff instantly

Agreed, i'm all for chaff when pinged (if preemptive chaffing) or bug out. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

On 1/17/2022 at 5:14 PM, IronMike said:

This is a DCS issue, thank you for the report though.

Thank you, but does ED is aware of it? Or should I report it in the general bug section? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:02 PM, diditopgun said:

Thank you, but does ED is aware of it? Or should I report it in the general bug section? 

It certainly does not hurt if you report it as well. 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Done 😉

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]