[REPORTED] 530 almost not maneuvering in some cases

JG300_Faucon

Hello, 

I noticed that the missile (almost) doesn't maneuver until the propulsion phase is done. Which does not happen if you shoot at close range (about 5NM and less). Making many missiles missing their target, especially at medium ranges. 

Here is a short track that show the 2 situations: First 530 fired at ~8NM and miss the target, the second at 4NM doesn't miss (because it maneuver after the 2sec delay after launch). The target is an ace Mig29, without chaff. He's turning 90° on the left when the first 530 is shot. 

https://ufile.io/fxpr6wm0

Edited by JG300_Faucon

• myHelljumper changed the title to [REPORTED] 530 almost not maneuvering in some cases
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This issue should've been partially fixed in one of the last updates.

Unfortunately this issue will remain in some cases as we are not able to totally fix this issue.

We are working with ED on this but it might take time to get a solution.

But from our tests this should be a lot less problematic.

Thanks.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 1 year later...

I've run into this recently.

The missile doesn't maneuver until it is burned out consistently when is launched at 15k feet within max range but outside the no-escape zone. Notably, the missile is not lofting when it doesn't work. When launched inside the no-escape zone, there's no problem and the missile tracks as it should.

It is unclear if it's also a problem when the missile is lofting when fired at higher altitudes because the AI only starts maneuvering after the missile is burned out, but I've never noticed a problem.

Mirage_misssilebug_nottracking2.trk

• Thanks 1