Monocle sight in vr

Sparc

9 hours ago, nachomaga said:

I prefer both eyes in other modules, but I will try to get used to right eye only in Apache. I think symbology is still present when look at the cockpit and it seems real pilots close right eye when looking down (I heard in Casmo channel).

You get used to focusing between the two eyes, when I get tired with a lot of cultural lighting I find myself having to close the left eye sometimes while under nvs, but it also depends on what eye is your dominant eye. Idk if that’ll transition the same in vr or not. Day I don’t notice it as much. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team
9 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

I read that Apache pilots get headaches at first with the monocle in one eye, so we need an option to decide.

That only tends to happen if they don't focus it properly during the set up process.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

On 2/12/2022 at 2:05 PM, Steel Jaw said:

I read that Apache pilots get headaches at first with the monocle in one eye, so we need an option to decide.

As raptor said.....

In VR there is no way the Apache will be diluted to fit the masses. You either have the right stuff or you do not..... fly pancake if you need the monocle centred. 

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 4

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I wonder how much being able to use the HMCS of the hornet on one eye is an indicator. I struggled with it at first because I couldn't focus on it properly, but that's no problem now. How different to that is the Apache monocle? Except for it being more important than on the hornet

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Indeed.

Getting used to it is all that is needed in VR.

Can you imagine if a "choice" was offered and the amount of work ED would have to put into fixing the blurry ness of a stereo scopic centred vision monocle in VR.... Especially when ED should actually be fine tuning the correct right eye monocle of our DCS VR Apache AH-64D..... a monocle that has been worn since the AH-64A in the 1980s!

Sometimes I struggle to understand where the world is right now!

🙂

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

13 minutes ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Can you imagine if a "choice" was offered and the amount of work ED would have to put into fixing the blurry ness of a stereo scopic centred vision monocle in VR.... Especially when ED should actually be fine tuning the correct right eye monocle of our DCS VR Apache AH-64D..... a monocle that has been worn since the AH-64A in the 1980s!

ED has already said that it will be selectable for left, right, or both eyes in VR.

6 minutes ago, AlphaOneSix said:

ED has already said that it will be selectable for left, right, or both eyes in VR.

Dreadful!

This is horrific news to me.

• Like 1

I fundamentally cannot relate to this comment AlphaOneSix, it is like taking a fundamental optic sight of the Apache and gaming it.

I like my F-16 to carry mavericks on the wingtips, I believe it offers better accessibility to the gaming market! 

as an AH-64 fan.... I just cannot get that..... a bit like real life.... it ain't available.

Starting to get worried here, I am sure you are referencing pancake players. 

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

I would enjoy the F-16 with mavericks on the wing tips AlphaOneSix, why will you not let me enjoy the F-16?

I own the F-16 but i just cannot play it because there are no mavericks on the wing tips!!!!! drives me nuts!

I do not like it!

It will create complaints on each eye view that will drain bug fixing for the Apache!

No you must have mistaken pancake.... there I know they can do whatever they like...... which is fine for me!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

It's a game. You might as well rail against those who are planning to map the TEDAC controls to Xbox controllers or those who use twisty stick rather than pedals. There's nothing wrong with adding radio subtitles for the deaf or allowing the HMD to be projected in either eye because someone has vision problems in one eye or the other. A lot of us are involved in this specifically because we couldn't do this in real life and the whole goal is to mimic things if we could. That's an accessibility consideration, plain and simple.

Nothing is stopping you from strapping AGM-65 to your F-16's wingtips, AIM-54 to your AH-64D, or R-73 to your Ka-50.

ah64_aim54.jpg

ka50_cap.jpg

• Like 5

I would enjoy the F-16 with mavericks on the wing tips AlphaOneSix, why will you not let me enjoy the F-16?
I own the F-16 but i just cannot play it because there are no mavericks on the wing tips!!!!! drives me nuts!
I do not like it!
It will create complaints on each eye view that will drain bug fixing for the Apache!
No you must have mistaken pancake.... there I know they can do whatever they like...... which is fine for me!
It's just a game bud, calm down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5