Turning the P47 on Taxi?

Softailer

Someone can you please tell me how the turn the Thunderbolt. I tried using the "Z & X", still don't seem to do anything.🤔I'm just trying to Taxi to the runway. Getting very frustrated, and about to give up don't know what else to try!!! This is my last hope here guys. 

Edited by Softailer

14 minutes ago, Softailer said:

Thanks Razo+r for the quick response. Is that the letter L and the CTRL + W or just the CTRL +W &  The letter L Alt +W? And where can I download the manual from?

The L stands for Left. So it would be the left Ctrl on the keyboard.

The manual is located here: Your DCS Installation/DCS World/Mods/Aircraft/Your Aircraft of choice/Docs

Edited by razo+r

You can also unlock and lock the tail wheel to aid turning (right shift T)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

39 minutes ago, Softailer said:

Did the unlock tail wheel already Baldrick33,that don't help any. Thanks for the reply.

How to you put the 20 degrees curve on the toe brake axis Brigg?

1) it only works with axis (if you assigned a button there is no way to 'tune' its axis.)

2) in controls, right-click on the assigned axis and select "tune axis". In the pop window you'll see a 'curvature' slide that you can set...

The included training missions should also help 🙂 

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

10 hours ago, Softailer said:

Did the unlock tail wheel already Baldrick33,that don't help any. Thanks for the reply.

How to you put the 20 degrees curve on the toe brake axis Brigg?

Sorry only just seen the reply. Peachmokey has explained everything 😀

@SoftailerYou need an analog axis to tune as described above. You don't have that with a keyboard and mouse for controls.

Things get a lot more controllable with a joystick and rudder controls, I can't really imagine trying to do with a keyboard so hats off to you if you can!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

^ Something still doesn't seem right on his screenshot, however. Even when I'm not playing and I've my analog controllers plugged off, all axis commands are still displayed in that window - I just don't have my controllers visible on the right, but axis commands are listed. So they should on his PC I suppose (?).

@Softailer - the axis commands table should look more or less like shown below. If it doesn't, try running a game repair, or reinstall the P-47 module.

While we're at it, you selected "P-47D Easy" controls tab. Keep in mind assignments made here will only work if you play using "game flight mode" (selectable in gameplay options). I don't recomend that one, because it's quite buggy and makes some important systems inop (for example, trims are animated, but don't actually work in it). If you decide to go for full simulation mode instead, you will have to assign commands in "P-47D Real" tab.

Screen_220119_204548.jpg

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

54 minutes ago, Softailer said:

Thanks Art-J I'll try and  try running a game repair, or reinstall the P-47 module.

does the Axis Commands list change/has more controls if you switch to "P47-real" ?

nm, Art-J recommended a correct approach for the time being..

Edited by peachmonkey

Thanks to all who took the time to guide me in direction's that were all helpful in some sort of way. But Art-J suggestion was very helpful with the total re install seems to clear up a lot of my confusion.  CoutOOOOOOOOOO'S to ye alllllllll Still much ,much more to learn / accomplish!!!!!!

Edited by Softailer
  • Like 3