Deleting older versions

mla306

Sorry, probably a dumb question, but I have 2.7.9 beta installed and I still have the older 2.7.5 (I think it was).  Can I delete the older version without hurting the new version?  It looks like they are totally duplicated in my folders but I don't want to take a chance on totally screwing up my campaigns?  Are new versions supposed to replace the old version?  Like I said, mine seemed to create a complete duplicate of the game.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, mla306 said:

Can I delete the older version without hurting the new version? 

Yes but there can be complications if trying to preserve campaign progress and player stats.

Often (usually ?) the different versions will have different save folders and player stats, campaign progress/folder paths are stored in Saved Games\DCS[.openbeta, etc.]\MissionEditor\logbook.lua

logbook.lua should be very similar between 2.7.5 and 2.5.9 versions so if you want to copy 2.7.5 to your 2.7.9 (beta ?) save it should be safe but it'd be worth while to keep backups in case of issues or later wanting to revert.

Currently DCS Stable and DCS Open Beta are on the same version 2.7.9.18080

https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080