Mission Editor Resolution Issue

drspankle

When I set up dual monitors with "Camera+ LMFCD Automatic Placement" the map section of the Mission Editor is displaced off to the left, and a large blue blank portion appears to the right of the map.  When I click on the map, the action happens to the left of my cursor by the same width as the blank portion.  So if I try to add an aircraft to an airfield it appears approx 1/4 of the width of my screen to the left of where I clicked. On the attached picture I have clicked on Batumi and the aircraft has appeared over the sea. All subsequent clicking results in whatever it is I'm trying to place appearing the same distance left of the mouse cursor.  I can work around this by reverting to the single screen option and resolution and then switching back to fly the mission.

Cheers,

Dr Spankle

DCS ME 1.jpg

DCS ME2.jpg

• ED Team

Hi, 

can you include your monitor.lua for the dual screen setup

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Not sure how to do that - I just used the option that was already there in the drop-down menu.  I haven't created anything new.  It works perfectly during the game, just not in the Mission Editor.  Do you still need the file and can you tell me where it is please?🙂

Cheers,

Ds Spankle

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 4:08 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

can you include your monitor.lua for the dual screen setup

thanks

Here an example of the same issue but with a different monitor configuration. Just a note:  if I want to click whatever on the map I have to subtrack the height of the blue area to the Y position of such object, so I have to click X amout of pixels below it (as if the object is actually in the correct position, without the blue area, while the rendering is not).
The issue is present both in the Editor Mission map as well as the in-game map, and appeared after one of the patches in the last months (probably after 20th of February).

I've attached the lua configuration (autogenerated with Helios).

The monitors are:

• 1920 x 1080 on top (centered)
  • 3840 x 1080 at the bottom 

Helios.lua

20220318214336_1.jpgHe

Edited by Scarg