Massive FPS drops in vr in training missions

doclucio

21 hours ago, doclucio said:

Crazy bug in training missions...same settings og campaigns and single player where i have 60 stable fps( 3080ti with i9 10900k and reverb g2 at 60hz).when i load a training mission fps go crazy, like 25 to 30, any idea?!?

Which mission? 

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Because the way VR works with motion smoothing enabled ( usually by default in steamVR)

For example you have your G2 set to 90hz, if you cannot achieve 90FPS, it will go to half which is 45FPS.

In your case 60hz will drop to 30FPS.

Why are you using 60hz out of interest? the flickering gave me a headache. I'm also using a 3080ti. go 90hz!!!

the thing is in campaigns with lots of vehicles and action i have 60 fps stable, in training missions with the same settings it goes crazy.I use 60hz for the eye candy, is very stable and i prefer it to 90 with motion reprojection or with low res.But definitively there is something wrong

On 1/18/2022 at 9:28 PM, doclucio said:

training missions of a10c, a10c II and some f18 t4aining missions, in vr i go like 25 to 30fps while in campaigns i have, with the same settings, 60 stable fps

I tried A10C landing mission and don't see any problems. 

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 1 month later...

the problem is still there...the second time you play a training mission the hell happens...full purple lines.i mean you do the first training mission, end it and go to the main screen, then select another training mission play it and boom purple lines and fps loss.

if i then go out of the game, come back in and select again the training mission it goes on normally....any idea, is getting me crazy

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issue in AH64 / quickstart / weapon range (caucausus) => after shooting some target I got winchester and went back to Kobulati. Requested takeoff and then => very low fps (~10) , fpsVR shown my GPU in purple...I did think to save a track...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Basically VRAM gets maxed out you can go from a stable 45 fps to 20 fps in the space of 20 mins, Its completely broken. Hopefully theres a fix ASAP. You could try and lower settings to see if that will work.

Edited by Coxy_99