Using Petrovic at night?

DarkStar79

Is it realistic that Petrovic is useless to target vehicles at night? Or even sometimes at dusk and dawn, when I can clearly see the targets with my eyes. I mean we have NVG goggles?

Is there any way to be able to lock targets with Petrovic at night, dusks or dawn?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

9 hours ago, DarkStar79 said:

Is it realistic that Petrovic is useless to target vehicles at night? Or even sometimes at dusk and dawn, when I can clearly see the targets with my eyes. I mean we have NVG goggles?

Is there any way to be able to lock targets with Petrovic at night, dusks or dawn?

Yes, it is realistic that he can't see at night. How well can you see at night? Even with NVGs, he can't use it looking through scope, so he is unaided.

8 hours ago, ldnz said:

Yeah gonna add to this - seems to be a very particular time of day that petrovich just takes a nap, often when the sun is well up. Wish it used local light levels instead of a simple clock.

Only explanation I have for this is that ED overdid system light transmission. Every time light goes through a lens it gets absorbed a bit. How much depends on lens quality. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is realistic that he can't see at night. How well can you see at night? Even with NVGs, he can't use it looking through scope, so he is unaided.

I can see alot at night, it can be moonlight other lights at roads and in city, and much more. And realistically Petrovich should see them also. And that’s not the case. So hope they can improve on him.

39 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

I can see alot at night, it can be moonlight other lights at roads and in city, and much more. And realistically Petrovich should see them also. And that’s not the case. So hope they can improve on him.

Yeah but can you see enough to spot 6m long vehicles against the ground that are often using camouflage at 1-6 km? Or infantry? 

it’ll spot fine if you launch illumination flares at these minimum altitudes/angles to get the flare above the required 350m

Format is Altitude at launch/pitch up at launch/hieght flare is released, if too high it might not light up ground until it’s low enough 

0-25m, 10 degrees, 510-535m

25-200m, 7.5 degrees 355-530m

200-400m, 5 degrees, 350-550m

400-575m, 2.5 degrees. 365-540m

575m-700, 0 degrees, 350-475m

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 2

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yeah but can you see enough to spot 6m long vehicles against the ground that are often using camouflage at 1-6 km? Or infantry? 

it’ll spot fine if you launch illumination flares at these minimum altitudes/angles to get the flare above the required 350m
Format is Altitude at launch/pitch up at launch/hieght flare is released, if too high it might not light up ground until it’s low enough 

0-25m, 10 degrees, 510-535m

25-200m, 7.5 degrees 355-530m

200-400m, 5 degrees, 350-550m

400-575m, 2.5 degrees. 365-540m

575m-700, 0 degrees, 350-475m

Ofc it’s very hard to see those targets. I’m talking about targets that are maybe 1 km or less which I can clearly see with my eyes at dusk or dawn and sometimes at night. And petrovich can’t lock them at all. Which I think is very strange.

So they really need to work on him.

27 minutes ago, DarkStar79 said:

Ofc it’s very hard to see those targets. I’m talking about targets that are maybe 1 km or less which I can clearly see with my eyes at dusk or dawn and sometimes at night. And petrovich can’t lock them at all. Which I think is very strange.

So they really need to work on him.

I agree during twilight it seems too extreme, and it seems to be a strict Relation to sunset/sunrise rather then the specific location like if it’s blocked by a hill or something, and who knows if the moon is taken into account or if it even should be 

• Thanks 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 2:49 PM, DarkStar79 said:

I'm curious how they might program it. One thing I was thinking of is that we get varying hours of sunlight based on the time of year (shorter daylight in Winter, longer in Summer, etc) and I wonder if there's a variable in all of the programming that tells the AI what visibility is like based on conditions or if it's just a "It's 6am, the AI can see x miles" type of thing.

Definitely one of those things that would be really interesting to learn more about.

14 minutes ago, aaronwhite said:

I'm curious how they might program it. One thing I was thinking of is that we get varying hours of sunlight based on the time of year (shorter daylight in Winter, longer in Summer, etc) and I wonder if there's a variable in all of the programming that tells the AI what visibility is like based on conditions or if it's just a "It's 6am, the AI can see x miles" type of thing.

Definitely one of those things that would be really interesting to learn more about.

It’s likely based off certain amount of time before/after sunset/sunrise