Jester is seeing imaginay planes

4H_Ccrashh

I'm hoping someone can verify this for me. I was practicing 1v2 against two SU-27 each with two Radar and two heaters. I had two AIM-7MH and two AIM-9M.

After shooting down one of the  Flankers I'm thinking I'm in pretty good shape. Right up until I lost site of the other bad guy. Jester is making call outs. First he says "he's out in front, Go Get 'em!!"  I'm looking and don't see a thing nor does the radar. Less than a second later he says "Seven O'clock High!"

I crank the jet left, nothing there! Then Jester screams "he's on our six!!" I crank the jet around again.  Turns out Jester was still calling the enemy pilot in his parachute as an active adversary instead of ignoring him.

I didn't know this until I reviewed the fight on TAC VIEW

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by 4H_Ccrashh
Grammar

I also experienced this - or what I think it is more an impression that Jester calls out wrong.

The AI Planes fly Yo Yos most of the time (or some kind of Yo Yo. They simply climb up and go down, then go up again and down again). And they can do this without any energy problems as it seems. So by the time Jester calls out the Bandit might be where Jesters calls it out - but on its up or down way. So you start to point your plane to the point where the bandit has been. As soon as you get your nose there the Bandit has had enough time to get into the control zone on your six as he has almost no energy limitation.*

That can even happen to you if you use a real person RIO. I have seen this happen on youtube - and those guys play a lot of DCS and know each other. But you can adept that with communication with a real person. I think there will always be a limitation by using the AI Jester.

So don't purely rely on the AI Jester. He might help you, but you need to keep your eyes on the bandit by yourself ("lost sight, lost fight"). It might help if you can get a feeling of what will happen. You need to get a feeling where the bandig will probably go next. Don't get my wrong, I can't do that either at least not constantly. But I guess this is one of the things I have to learn. Somehow.

*Btw. this is what makes the AI so weird. Your first desperate attempts will be to keep the AI Bandit in your HUD (sometimes called "HUD BFM"). This will bleed out all your energy in a few moments because you have limitations that the AI doesn't have (you would also bleed all of your energy if you do this against non AI Enemies, but it happens faster against the AI because you will have to pull like crazy to keep them in your HUD - simply don't do it). Once you know what they do and where they will go next, you can beat the AI almost everytime.

14700K | MSI Z690 Carbon | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | 64GB DDR5 6000 G.Skill Ripjaws S5 | Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD on a Violectric V90 Headphone amp and Fostex TH600 Headphones | LG 42 C227LA & Samsung C32HG70 | TrackIR 5 | Virpil WarBRD with VFX Grip | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Pedals MK IV 

I only fool around the F-14 - and still having a hard time on it as there is so much to learn and so little time and talent. But I love it.

Yep, Jester will call parachuting pilots as bandits. Can be a bit confusing at times, especially during multi-bandit engagements. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache