VR Guide/Docs for 2.7?

Johnny Dioxin

I just updated to 2.7 (I had to give up on flight simming for some time) and am finding it difficult to understand what is going on with VR and the various control settings (seems the gaze control I liked so much is gone). I also couldn't find the previous UI profile in the control assignments panel, though the previously assigned controls for recentre and to bring up the menu are still working.

Checking the manuals in the sim, I see that they are a few years old and don't explain the new stuff. Is there a document somewhere that does?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

The UI Layer controls has been moved to the top of the list. Can you expand on the gaze function you are now missing?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Hmm, I looked up and down the list but didn't see it - I'll check again, thanks.

I mean where you would simply look at the control you wanted to operate (using the onscreen dot), then use the UI controls - left and right mouse click or mouse-wheel - to operate the control/button/switch. Although the menu and recentre functions are working as before, the mouse controls aren't. I will have a look at the UI section, then, maybe something has happened to the assignments.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

If you enable VR mouse the cursor will be auto hidden, right click to unhide it, adjust your control accordingly and it will autohide again after a few seconds; you might need to use the mouse to initially centralise it on the view but it will follow the headset afterwards.  If you disable VR mouse the cursor will be constantly shown and centred, it might be possible to toggle the cursor on and off but then you lose the utility of just grabbing the mouse at any time where it's more practical.

I bind my warthog CMS hat left and right for mouse clicks respectively and forwards and back for mwheel, all activated with the pinky paddle as a shift modifier.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Ok thanks - I did really like using the 'gaze' method to switch things etc and I'm glad it's still available - being able to hide the cursor is something i think everyone wanted, so great that it's now implemented.

I'll be trying the Leap Motion control, too, so I hope there's nothing too radical with it. The way it works in MSFS is too unreliable for me, so hopefully it will be better in DCSW - looks more like the old FlyInside method from the couple of screenshots I've seen, which is no bad thing.

Thanks - hopefully ED will update the provided documents at some stage.

Edited by Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis)

Kneeboard Guides

Leap motion works nicely for the majority, some controls just don't work so well with it, that I use the VR mouse slaved to the headset. Still a few bugs to work through but it's getting iteratively better.

Have a look through my posts about leap motion, it might help get the setup right and not just blame the software/dcs on shoddy tracking 😄 

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.