Help please

2Tone

hi

My setup is

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, 1TB HD,  32.0 GB RAM, RTX 3070 Graphics card, Oculus Quest 2 (256), x56 rhino hotas 

These are the issues I am experiencing when using DCS and wondered if anyone had advice.

1. I downloaded the KEY Maps from CAPS Grimm Reapers and for most things they appeared to work fine after i loaded the profiles. However I could never get the thumbwheel on the throttle to keymap to zoom.
  2. I thought that the last update had caused some problems as keymaps worked on the ground but as soon as you got in the air the comms menu disappeared. Even if i mapped it again in flight to whatever key / hotas switch, so i went back and downloaded all the Key Maps again.
  3. Now when i try to load the profiles it will not find the desktop folder at all.
  4. I tried the JOYPRO tool but since the last update i dont understand how to use it
  5. I tried to manually map keys but it didnt work
  6. When flying, turning and pulling G i regularly go into a tail spin but it doesnt make sense as the enemy Aircraft seem to have limitless G and climbing speed 
  7. I have tried to use Youtube guides but for some reason they never seem to work.
  8. My set up ensures all drivers are updated on start and i regularly repair DCS

Loosing the will

2. What aircraft? Some require a dedicated button for the radio to work, so for example in the F-18 you'd have 3 buttons for communication, 2 for the Radios and 1 for intercom used on ground.

6. Again, what aircraft. If you exceed the aerodynamic limitations, bad things can happen. Also, do you mean MP or SP? In SP, the AI does not fly by the exact same rules you do and some discrepancy is known/expected/normal.

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 1

Is that thumbwheel an axis? It rotates? If yes, go into the control settings for the module, click on axis, scroll down to zoom at the bottom. Scroll right until you find your controller in the column. Double click the box on the zoom row, and rotate the wheel until it's recognised. 

I have Reshade installed correctly, and was able to get the FPS to show up. Anything else I try gives me a message about not having write permission.  I seem to have loads of write permission.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.