Please let us start the aircraft in MP from the gunner position!

DarkStar79

2 hours ago, DarkStar79 said:

I dont see the point why we couldnt jump in the helicopter in the gunner position in a multiplayer server?  I mean we can fly the helicopter from that position also.

The helicopter would be much more fun if we could use the gunner seat in multiplayer!

You can jump in front seat in MP as solo player?

Personally, you should be able to switch seats in multiplayer, for seats that aren't already occupied by a player - exactly like single lpayer.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, admiki said:

yeah I know we should, but we are not and IIRC we won't be for a long time

Yeah, I think it was written elsewhere that it's actually a technical limitation of the MP code. So we can only cross our fingers for the future! 

Cheers! 

Yes, since day 1 it has multicrew.

And we used it in order to be able to do navigation with the TR1154/1155. 

So it was a shocking surprise when by mistake I was able to change position.

Edited by Tarres
  • Like 1

Hi.

Main problem is you have no acces to the system needed for starting the hello from the front seat. Switching front to back and vice versa (I think) is not allowed on MP planes, can't tell in Hellos. In the F-14 it is not allowed to do so, nor in the C-101. Never tried in a Huey as I allways thought it was not possible! Don't have the Mossie, so nojoy on that matter.

Saludos.

Saca111

On 1/19/2022 at 6:05 AM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Main problem is you have no acces to the system needed for starting the hello from the front seat. Switching front to back and vice versa (I think) is not allowed on MP planes, can't tell in Hellos. In the F-14 it is not allowed to do so, nor in the C-101. Never tried in a Huey as I allways thought it was not possible! Don't have the Mossie, so nojoy on that matter.

Saludos.

Saca111

Huey does so since multi crew update

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 1/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, MAXsenna said:

Yeah, I think it was written elsewhere that it's actually a technical limitation of the MP code. So we can only cross our fingers for the future! 

Cheers! 

But we can already jump between the seats in the Mosquito in both MP and SP, so surely they know how to make it work.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morrov said:

But we can already jump between the seats in the Mosquito in both MP and SP, so surely they know how to make it work.

Yeah, I'd assume that's the intended behaviour. I have never tried it though, and I'm positive it was replied from ED in the Mi-8 thread that wished for multiplayer support, that it couldn't be done? Hmmm must try this myself I gather. 🤔 

Well, I thought this didn't work, but I believe you that know, so now I have high hopes for MP support for the Mi-8 in the future. And hopefully in the Kiowa and later the Gazelle too. 😊 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 9:26 PM, Castor Troy said:

How would you start the Mi-24 from the gunner position, when there isn't any start up system in the gunner seat. This makes as much sense as trying to start a car sitting in your trunk.

Perhaps Petrovich could be used for starting the aircraft?

Though switching seats (so long as they're unoccupied) is a must IMO and I'm going to test this, as a few users above have stated that it's possible.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:43 PM, admiki said:

Before multicrew you could do the same in Huey, but not anymore

That's not really true!
In the mission editor you can choose, if a Huey is supposed to be used with multicrew (then switching seats is not possible, as you are supposed to fly with another player crewmember) or if it is supposed to be a solo flight (then it is possible to switch seats, even in multiplayer).
I assume ED will do the same with the Apache, so I don't really understand the issue of this thread?

Multicrew.png

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

That's not really true!
In the mission editor you can choose, if a Huey is supposed to be used with multicrew (then switching seats is not possible, as you are supposed to fly with another player crewmember) or if it is supposed to be a solo flight (then it is possible to switch seats, even in multiplayer).
I assume ED will do the same with the Apache, so I don't really understand the issue of this thread?

Multicrew.png

Yes. The Hind has been the odd one for not being able to switch seats, like Mi-8 or something. I tried multi crew recently and still had sync issues, so I still think it’s not fully mature yet 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 3/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, QuiGon said:

That's not really true!

Multicrew.png

Nope, doesn't work.

Screen_220321_112755.png

Edited by admiki

2 minutes ago, admiki said:

Nope, doesn't work.

Indeed, they did not include this function for the Apache for some reason.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Indeed, they did not include this function for the Apache for some reason.

It doesn't work for Huey. I think it never worked. It was supposed to, but it didn't

I edited post above, look at the screenshot

Edited by admiki