Petrovic doesn´t care for air targets

Deimos

Hi

i was sourounded by enemy fighters flying low in circles around me. 

(sometimes close enough to see their markings)

The weather was perfect , nothing was dammaged on my Hind , i had AA Rockets only, but Petrovic refused to lock on any

of the planes. (but on ground targets he worked seconds later )

Why happes this ONLY on multiplayer. could it be an issue with the server i was on ?

(I remember there was a tank that was indestructable..... that was also weird.)

AMD Ryzen 7 / 3800X 8-Core  /  Nvidia 4080Super / RAM: 64 GB

3440 x 1440   / trackIR 5 / hp reverb G2

VPC Mongoos T-50CM3 Throttle / vkb-Gladiator NXT premium Stick

Petrovich's ability to lock onto air targets is controlled by mission maker. There's a checkbox for that in helicopter settings in mission editor. It was probably disabled in the mission you were playing.

The other possibility is that planes were just too fast for Petrovich to track, since Raduga-Sh has limited rotation speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a minute before i was able to fire at them in that mission - a moment later it was over. the planes were really slow and close btw.

There would need to be video or something.

With tank, we’re you using Shturm? Shturm has low enough armor penetration that against T-90/M-1 it won’t penetrate except from the rear, and if BDA isn’t enabled it takes two hits to kill anything but T-55 so with BDA you won’t see any notification of damage after one hit 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

a minute before i destroyed a Fulcrum. But then, Pete became blind again. After this scene i tested, if he can still shoot at ground targets . It worked.....

I found out that petrovic cant aim at Mig 25. other types were no problem so far.

One thing to keep in mind is that as range decreases and angular velocity increases it's apparent speed to the observer is going to be higher than further away even if it's actual airspeed is now lower. In my own testing I've found that Petro can usually hold a lock on something moving away or toward you at an angle  but up close circling, like in your video, it's very hard for him to keep up even if you're rotating the helicopter to assist. I've shot down AI F-4s and a few others this way. The best tactic if they start circling is to look for terrain cover and fly low and fast away and do a quick 180 so they're coming at you  and launch or use your gun. I've  even been able to do this manually with the ATGMs with Petro flying.

In DCS the old gods are dead and we pray to the new gods RNG and Fate. It's time to toss the dice.