Strange movements in cockpit with Rift S

MrTInc71

Hi

I got this strange thing that in VR, the entire cockpit is moving with my head movements too. Literally, when looking R or L, the entire cockpit view swings to the same side...

Its really irritating and strange....does anyone know where this error comes from and how to get rid of it?

Thanks a lot!

Sounds like a tracking issue when there is not enough light in the room and your headset goes from 6DOF to 3DOF.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

Have you altered the IPD setting on the vr menu tab? It's an ambiguously labelled setting as it's more analogous to vr world scale. I have found at certain settings the cockpit behaves as though you're looking through the spyglass zoom and it appears to shift sideways when you rotate the view.

When switching from 6 to 3 DoF you would lose the linear translations (up/down, left/right, forward/backward) but still retain the rotations (pitch, yaw, roll). It shouldn't make the cockpit appear to move independent of the head rotation.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.