Looking for advise/feedback on new 4K TV as monitor for DCS World

Hi

Since more than 8+ years ago I have been using a 75'' Sony TV at 1080p for DCS World with track IR.  My PC is a 2700K overclocked to 4.6Ghz with a RTX 2080 and 32GB of RAM.   I have no issues running DCS World at 60fps on most conditions and the new clouds at normal definition.   My TV was back in the day the most recommended TV for gaming and I have no issues with it.  I like the big TV with DCS to be able to see the cockpit instruments roughly at the same physical size of the thing in real life.

However, somebody is selling me an almost new (6 months old) 75'' Sony Bravia XR75X90J 4H UDH at a very fair price.

Excluding other applications (4K HDR movies or other games) can you advise if switching to 4K and HDR is going to give me a better experience with DCS World (2D with trackir)?

I have heard that in fact, switching to 4K actually makes things harder  with the pixels 4 times smaller affecting visual enemy detection...

thank you for your feedback

As far as I know, DCS doesn't support HDR; I believe the option was removed a while ago.  If this TV has better contrast than your previous one, then you might notice some improved image quality.  Generally speaking, 4k is always going to look sharper than 1080p, including all your other games and regular usage.

I use a 49" 4k panel, and I don't find it harder to spot targets, but that's compared to my previous screen, which was 1440p.  4k is also 4x more pixels to drive than 1080p, so your system might struggle a tiny bit at higher quality settings.

• Thanks 1

run come save me