Instant Action - Entry Instability

MojoDiver
Go to solution Solved by admiki,

I purchased the UH-1H sim over the holidays and have enjoyed getting back into flying sims, but I’ve been having a problem with both the easy and hard instant action ground attack missions where the helo is out of control at the mission entry point. I had flown the easy mission and got to the point I could generally recover without having the engine catch on fire or the main rotor fly off, but after flying the hard mission it seems like 4 out of 5 times I have to restart the mission for either mission as I don’t have a serviceable aircraft. Has anyone else experienced this or is there any info on how to avoid this? Thanks in advance. 

• Solution
6 hours ago, MojoDiver said:

I purchased the UH-1H sim over the holidays and have enjoyed getting back into flying sims, but I’ve been having a problem with both the easy and hard instant action ground attack missions where the helo is out of control at the mission entry point. I had flown the easy mission and got to the point I could generally recover without having the engine catch on fire or the main rotor fly off, but after flying the hard mission it seems like 4 out of 5 times I have to restart the mission for either mission as I don’t have a serviceable aircraft. Has anyone else experienced this or is there any info on how to avoid this? Thanks in advance. 

When you are starting the mission, keep collective half way up and quite a lot of left pedal. As soon as you press Fly, wiggle both so they synchronise with the game. I won't look pretty, but you should be able to survive. Do not check synchronisation option in settings because that will introduce a lot of other problems.

• Thanks 1

Thanks admiki, that was the tonic; I repeated that process about 10 times in a row and gained control quickly without losing much altitude as well. Much appreciated.

And thanks for the suggestion Taniki44, although when I looked up the synch settings I didn’t have it turned on. I also mapped the reset trim to a button on my hotas to see if it was a trimming issue coming into the mission but it didn’t work. 

Now I just need to figure out why the dismounts are harder to kill than the vehicles!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I find this awkward too... I set the throttle to max, collective about fifty percent; hit 'fly' I also find the throttle is not synced initially on my TM. HOTAS  (left throttle) and have to waggle the 'page up/page down' keys to get the HOTAS to sync... if I'm quick enough, I can save the ship, I then set auto-pilot so I can set the armaments, set the armaments to live and select the rockets rate... and then go create mayhem lel.  Probably an easier way... but my names not Bob Mason! 🙂

IJammer (/229)

Edited by IJammer