VKB Tecs Throttle--When's it coming?

Cerulean

9 hours ago, Archduke said:

Can‘t you give us a very rough estimate when TECS might be released? Are we talking about probably this year or next or later? I‘d like to replace my WH Throttle and can wait. But not forever.

If Winwing keeps selling their Orion throttle for $236, and TECS is supposed to be around $200, I see no reason to buy TECS over Winwing.  Winwing has far more buttons on the base too.  Problem is Winwing keeps going out of stock...  My guess is VKB already lost a lot of potential customers to Winwing.

1 hour ago, Taz1004 said:

If Winwing keeps selling their Orion throttle for $236, and TECS is supposed to be around $200, I see no reason to buy TECS over Winwing.  Winwing has far more buttons on the base too.  Problem is Winwing keeps going out of stock...  My guess is VKB already lost a lot of potential customers to Winwing.

I guess it always depends on what you are looking for. I for myself rather buy a generic stick and throttle than a replica of one specific aircraft. And for me the selling point on the vkb throttle is their magnetic detents which should give you the real detent range of every module in dcs and no detent for warbirds without any hassle(and in my wildest dreams i get all 3 detents for the viggen). Another selling point for a lot of people may be that they will also sell a rail option instead of the arc.

And i know there was some trouble with the patent for the magnetic detents, because someone made a short statement about it in another thread. Also buerocracy takes it's time and the whole pandemic situation makes things worse. But i still prefer to wait a little longer instead of getting like 3 versions of the same product in a short time frame.

And i don't know if winwing already got a CE certificate for europe, but otherwise if your parcel gets stopped at the customs it gets destroyed and you loose all your money, which maybe won't be a big selling point for european customers on a certain budget. 

• Like 2

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

5 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

So you have seen the final production TECS base that no one else has?  But let's roll with that false assumption for a bit; the TECS handle has far more buttons on the handles than the Orion does on its handles based on what VKB revealed in January, 2021 or thereabouts.

I don't have a dog in this fight; I'm using a Virpil CM3 throttle, but will certainly give the TECS a try when it is finally revealed in the afterlife. 😀

44 minutes ago, zcaa0g said:

So you have seen the final production TECS base that no one else has?

LOL, since no one will see the "final production TECS" for a while, you base your assumption on released marketing materials.

And I thought I made it plainly clear that my assessment was based on assumption when I said "TECS is supposed to be around $200"

But let's roll with that false assumption for a bit; the TECS handle has far more buttons on the handles than the Orion does on its handles based on what VKB revealed in January, 2021 or thereabouts

Now the same "false" assumption would apply to yours.  Did you get your hands on the "final production TECS" to know that it will have "more buttons on the handle"?  And how can an assumption be false? LOL

Edited by Taz1004

26 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

LMAO, since no one will see the "final production TECS" for a while, you base your assumption on released marketing materials.

And I thought I made it plainly clear that my assessment was based on assumption when I said "TECS is supposed to be around $200"

Now the same "false" assumption would apply to yours.  Did you get your hands on the "final production TECS" to know that it will have "more buttons on the handle"?  And how can an assumption be false? LOL

*sigh*  I see you are one of those people.

We know exactly how many buttons are on the Orion throttle handles.  Hell, even the VKB MCG Ultimate Grip has more hat switches than the Orion throttle handle and overall, more button presses also.  

Do you really think that the TECS throttle buttons alone are going to have less buttons on the handles than the VKB MCG Ultimate grip has?  Do you really think they are just going to throw a few buttons on the TECS base?  

VKB has already proven the modular system on their grip and that technology won't be or need to be any different on the throttle.  Even if they go bare bones on the number of slots, it will still have more buttons on the throttle as a whole due to the throttle handle alone.

Oh well, you tried.  Don't be so dense.  Your constant use of LOL and LMAO shows you have the intelligence of an underdeveloped child.

Edited by zcaa0g
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, zcaa0g said:

Do you really think that the TECS throttle buttons alone are going to have less buttons on the handles than the VKB MCG Ultimate grip has?  Do you really think they are just going to throw a few buttons on the TECS base?

No, I assume.  Remember?  Based on Released marketing materials.  Whereas you seem to pull it out of... somewhere lol.

I only used your words against you to make you see how ridiculous your accusation was.  What can I say, you arguing against my "false" assumption with your own "false" assumption is funny.

But time to add another troll to the list.  Bye.

6 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I’m not interested in the Orion or in any specific throttle replica. And where on earth did you get the $236 quote for the Orion? I just had a look at their shop, handle  alone is $236, base is another $215. I guess that’s without shipping or tax. So that’s more than twice as much as the basic TECS price.

But tbh I can’t understand why everybody gets so worked up. It’s just a piece of hardware. I’m interested in TECS because the possibility of electronic detents seems nice and I’d like the thumbstick. But if VKB takes too long to announce a release date, well, too bad, I’ll get the Virpil or stick with my WH.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

3 minutes ago, Archduke said:

I’m not interested in the Orion or in any specific throttle replica. And where on earth did you get the $236 quote for the Orion? I just had a look at their shop, handle  alone is $236, base is another $215. I guess that’s without shipping or tax. So that’s more than twice as much as the basic TECS price.

But tbh I can’t understand why everybody gets so worked up. It’s just a piece of hardware. I’m interested in TECS because the possibility of electronic detents seems nice and I’d like the thumbstick. But if VKB takes too long to announce a release date, well, too bad, I’ll get the Virpil or stick with my WH.

Did you check the combo section?

Capture.JPG

And I'm not the one getting worked up.  Everyone else is getting worked up on my "opinion"  I didn't say a single word against anyone having valid reasons for not wanting Orion.

Edited by Taz1004

19 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

No, I assume.  Remember?  Based on Released marketing materials.  Whereas you seem to pull it out of... somewhere lol.

I only used your words against you to make you see how ridiculous your accusation was.  What can I say, you arguing against my "false" assumption with your own "false" assumption is funny.

But time to add another troll to the list.  Bye.

Direct quote from VKB below in bold.  So I guess the real base will have less buttons "due to secrecy"?  Devkits of these types of peripherals rarely stray from their exterior design as we are not talking game consoles here.

That's OK, you'll eventually figure it out.  Or not.

"TL/DR: Picture is not a 3d model but a physical photo of a devkit; Real base will be different from the picture due to secrecy;"

3 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Capture.JPG

And I'm not the one getting worked up.  Everyone else is getting worked up on my "opinion"  I didn't say a single word against anyone having valid reasons for not wanting Orion.

You were stating the below as fact, so how is that just stating an opinion?:

"Winwing has far more buttons on the base too."

11 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Capture.JPG

Ah, thanks, actually I did miss this. Well, seems nice enough but isn’t for me for the reasons I mentioned.

I guess it’s time for me to leave this discussion since nobody from VKB is answering. Without new information there really isn’t a lot to discuss. I like their concept very much, but if they feel they can’t announce anything… Well, if TECS can be purchased when I want to buy a new throttle, fine. If not, a different company will get my money.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

@fallout9 Thanks for the reply. Then I‘ll just hope you‘ll be able to get it done to your own satisfaction quickly. And until then I’ll have to curb my impatience.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding my OM post, it's irrelevant now.  I love my TM Warthog throttle, just wanted a throttle with an analog stick.  As it is clear the TECS throttle may be only a pipedream, or may not be out till the apocalypse, I just modded my Warthog throttle with a DeltaSim analog stick. Issue resolved.

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2022 at 11:14 PM, fallout9 said:

@Archduke Sorry man, it's not about ignoring the question, it's just that there's not much to communicate about it other than it's still a very important project under active works. When it's close to release it will be properly announced. Until then... not much to say about it.

Are there any further updates on this at all? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought that someone had reviewed one of these recently.  There was one for sale on Ebay a little while ago.  Can't say I was impressed by it.  Looked like it was mainly plastic.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

17 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I thought that someone had reviewed one of these recently.  There was one for sale on Ebay a little while ago.  Can't say I was impressed by it.  Looked like it was mainly plastic.

Not sure we're talking the same thing then... I'd be extremely surprised if they've been released on ebay and nothing official announced. Sounds like maybe some scammers trying to get in on the name?

When I first saw the add, I was really skeptical, to the point where I did a search around to find it.  Looked just like the photos in this thread:

I think that it was for sale for £200 on Ebay UK and it didn't sell quick.  Take a scan at the photos and you'll see what I mean about looking rather plastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's bad.  I have a Gladiator clone myself and happily recommend it as a great starter stick.  In addition, it's MUCH cheaper than kit from Virpil, so clearly they had to make the savings somewhere.

I got the impression that the chap in question had received it as a "reviewer" for a pre-release version, and had decided to sell it on.

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

2 hours ago, Mr_sukebe said:

When I first saw the add, I was really skeptical, to the point where I did a search around to find it.  Looked just like the photos in this thread:

I think that it was for sale for £200 on Ebay UK and it didn't sell quick.  Take a scan at the photos and you'll see what I mean about looking rather plastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's bad.  I have a Gladiator clone myself and happily recommend it as a great starter stick.  In addition, it's MUCH cheaper than kit from Virpil, so clearly they had to make the savings somewhere.

I got the impression that the chap in question had received it as a "reviewer" for a pre-release version, and had decided to sell it on.

Yeah that is not the TECS though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

We're working on it, despite the external factors being all against us. We're not getting into any complaining or explaining, just doing what we need to do. Every day TECS is getting closer. Like, "physically" closer, not "we know more about it now than we knew last night".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator