VKB Tecs Throttle--When's it coming?

Cerulean

7 hours ago, Sokol1_br said:

It's a new NASA tech, so on homage TECS will be released when NASA land a pair of humans on Moon, supposedly in 2024. 😜

I will believe it (TECS) when I see it. I gave up on that one about a year and a half ago.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes its a shame. VKB certainly got put back with staffing loss and I feel sorry for them (and anyone in the same state) for that. I suspect they genuinely were gearing up for a terrific product and its release...but their plans have gone awry. 

But VKB, (like others in this industry, and even some in the supporting YT community), do themselves zero favours with their sharp, condescending and plain smart arse replies to genuine enquiries. A bit of candid, and polite, explanatory communication would go a long way and probably garner better support and understanding.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

11 hours ago, Dallas88B said:

Yes its a shame. VKB certainly got put back with staffing loss and I feel sorry for them (and anyone in the same state) for that. I suspect they genuinely were gearing up for a terrific product and its release...but their plans have gone awry. 

But VKB, (like others in this industry, and even some in the supporting YT community), do themselves zero favours with their sharp, condescending and plain smart arse replies to genuine enquiries. A bit of candid, and polite, explanatory communication would go a long way and probably garner better support and understanding.

Well stated and to the point, I totally agree with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

On 8/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, Dallas88B said:

I struggled for about 1 hr with the Virpil, the Firmware was so old that Windows wouldn't recognize the buttons, unlike every single other throttle I've tried and at this point, the only one I've not connected to my PC is the cougar. It was so different in fact I thought something was wrong with it. Thank Goodness I thought: EEPROM and then installed its software and went from there. That was a mishap from Virpil, because I was about to return it.

But now I'm thoroughly enjoying it, Still have to work on some optimizations and there are a couple of things I wish were different but the difference is noticeable. Also, the software is pretty interesting, even if the UI seems overwhelming. It's actually not and I've begun to like it.

I'm beginning to suspect and this is a bad thing, there might be reasons why they're not being honest on this one. Probably the person behind it leaving has something to do with it. I mean, is basic human behavior that bravado almost always is used to hide something else.

I do hope they survive and are intelligent enough to maneuver in these difficult times, the quality of their mid range is top notch and you can see the talent.

On 8/27/2022 at 7:55 AM, Sokol1_br said:

It's a new NASA tech, so on homage TECS will be released when NASA land a pair of humans on Moon, supposedly in 2024. 😜

It's has Bluetooth to your buttkicker subwoofer too 😉 so when you go into afterburner your seat flushes.

Edited by einarabelc5

On 6/8/2022 at 1:39 AM, Dannyvandelft said:

Super excited. Can't wait. Love my VKB sticks so I'm excited to try the throttle.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I was like you, super excited 5 years ago when they unveiled the design, description and said stay tuned for the release date. After 2 years I lost hope, untuned and glad I did because here we are almost 5 years later, more than 5 years since first announcement and still no “when” on the horizon. My life is completely different, I’m a different person, the whole world has changed while they are still making TECS. Well, hopefully my kids will be lucky to see the release of the product when they grow up after they get born😁

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

it's been so long coming with varying hints at what it could end up being, I think whatever they release will now end in disappointment due to the anticipation. plus cm3 throttle is going to take a bit to beat

it's been "starwars-fied".  Probably best to reveal nothing till it's released

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, the greatest vaporware product of all time. 

I love my Gunfighter and T-rudder, but this throttle... Well, at this point it's hilariously ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:29 AM, Dogmanbird said:

plus cm3 throttle is going to take a bit to beat

True question is: is this positioned to be alligned with Gunfighter or Gladiator line?

This will also determine price point.

If former perhaps better go with CM3 if you can not wait.

I personally prefer single software to control it, although in case of VKB ita allreasy inside device.

В 26.11.2022 в 03:08, okopanja сказал:

Just kicking this thread, since nobody did it in a long time...

Any news?

Цитата

Переживем КНГ - я думаю, что можно будет сделать небольшой анонс. Вывести ТЕКС из тени.

Perhaps after the Chinese New Year there will be a small announcement

"КНГ" - Chinese New Year

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/14335-vkb-tecs-модульность-на-полном-газу/?do=findComment&comment=890628

• 5 months later...

Very interesting - finally. I had decided it had been shelved.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

14 hours ago, okopanja said:

Congrats dudes, you survived for 1.5 year I was dwelling on buying throttle and playing with nintendo pro controller instead. 😃

Some timeline would be appreciated.

Full timeline and price list coming in one of the next days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

Don B