Any chances of an updated in cockpit graphics?

Hodo

The current FC3 aircraft have very dated cockpits at this point and look pretty rough compared to newer models.  Has does ED have plans to update them to bring them up to the same level of looks?  

I am not asking for a clickable cockpit just updated textures and looks.  Some of the gauges are very hard to read even on high settings.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

"Bump"

Agreed. They all need atleast a graphical touch-up. Parts of the F-15 like the throttle just look poorly detailed. I know ED is improving AI models so I hope they will look at updating the FC3 internal graphics at some point in the future.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

On 1/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, Hodo said:

Some of the gauges are very hard to read even on high settings.

Once I switched from 1080 to 1440 readability improved drastically for me. Anti-aliasing helps as well, but you loose contrast for visual spotting.

2 minutes ago, CarbonFox said:

"Bump"

Agreed. They all need atleast a graphical touch-up. Parts of the F-15 like the throttle just look poorly detailed. I know ED is improving AI models so I hope they will look at updating the FC3 internal graphics at some point in the future.

I doubt anything will change there when it comes to cockpits. However they are improving models for AI and other aircrafts, so I think for at least the outer appearance will improve in future. E.g. F-15C looks absolutely horrible from outside. J-11A from outside looks by far the best among the FC3, likely due Deka's work.

Not sure about other FC3 aircrafts, but at the very least the MiG-29 was updated on 2018 .. I remember flying it at the time and the improvements were very tangible, tough I admit that I usually don't focus too much on aesthetics:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...