Mission 9 Experiences

This was a very good practice mission, with a nice voice over. Will be going back to parts of it now and then to watch it back.

@baltic_dragon please have a look at these items;

10:00 Taxi to the end of Thunder (-2 spawns while reaching the end of Thunder) 
35:00 FYTTR-3 not included in kneeboard. 
42:03 Why is the CDI arrow a few dots to the right of the path? 
43:10 CDI starts working when switching to Flight Plan mode?
54:42 Asked to switch on Laser, but was already fenced in
01:26:24 Bunch of typos in the subtitles
02:21:23 STRYK Recovery diagram not included in kneeboard
02:35:23 -2 on 21R but flies a missed approach
02:35:52 Clear when able (am I supposed to take exit B?) Was not sure, so took exit A just in case
02:37:30 no mission end message

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

31 minutes ago, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks! 

Hm, both FYTR3 and STRYK are in the kneeboard, just checked. The Biff landing on 21R hopefully will be resolved with the coming patch! Just finishing fixing the campaign for the next update. 

Could you please post the images of the FYTTR3 and STRYK as they should look like in the kneeboard? I could not find them in the kneeboard, so will then look again with your reference images.  When will you post the campaign update? How many more missions are there after number 9?

I just copied FYTTR3 and STRYK out of 476th and USAF documents, (thanks @Stuka for the help).

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had the same issue: great there is a workaround, but how to ask to repeat?  Is the “Other” Radio menu still available? I’ve missed the point. 

(Amazing campaign, by the way!!)

thx and cheers from Switzerland 

• 2 weeks later...

Fix confirmed in DCS 2.7.11.21408.1 Open Beta

I did overshoot WP1 or WP2 and missed progress from first contact of Black Jack.  Circling back to WP1 a couple times eventually triggered it and I completed the mission. My fault, but perhaps trigger zones or shapes could be improved to account for not following flight plan precisely.

Yeah the OB changelog noted the improvements. I used to try and fly exactly over the waypoints trying not to miss a trigger.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi BD,

in the TGP lesson, the yardstick excersise seems to be off. I measured around 250 m between the aircrafts, but none of the F10 menu reply options are close to this. The gal says it is 1/4 miles, which would be around 463 m, but if you measure from the middle of the south hanger (F-86) to the north wall of the North hanger (Viking-ish) on the F10 map, it shows 0,08 nm, which is around 150 m, but still far away from 1/4 NM. Maybe just nit picking...

And the automatic reports of the STRYK approach seem to be a bit early, I dunno what are the triggers, maybe rather elapsed time dependent, than position? I flew my homework pretty pedantic (staying on HDG 80 after LSV 299/14), but auto reply reported Gass Peak and APEX way too early.

Edited by Razor18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@baltic_dragon - Odd experience in this one.  Everything good to go until after takeoff.  Never got handed to departure.  I kept waiting for the trigger and ended up flying over truckstop before finally turning left and heading to FYTTR.  Got to FYTTR and proceeded to waypoints in order.  Once I got to ORBIT without any radio transmissions (no Blackjack range entry, no additional coms from Lotus), I started getting concerned that I was off the "yellow brick road".  

The track file is 83MB - I can post online if you want to take a peek.  Let me know if you have a preference on where.

Its situations like this that are really frustrating for us - and probably even more for the campaign makers.  If I did something wrong it wasn't obvious as I've been flying this campaign for a few weeks and am on mission 9 of 10.  It takes almost 60 minutes to get where I got and going back and re-doing with no understanding of what I did wrong or IF the triggers will fire properly.  

Same thing happened at the end of Mission 8 - no triggers for approach/tower/ground but that, fortunately was at the end of the mission.

Can you take a peek at the track and see what I might have done wrong to miss all the radio triggers?  Thanks.

If you want to fast forward the track to 07:37:20, I am approaching the active runway and about to get in touch with the tower for clearance.

At 07:38:00 - I begin my takeoff roll down the active runway and never get instructed to contact departure.  I suspect that's where the trigger issues (if there were issues) started.

The track continues all the way out to ORBIT in silence.  Including no triggers telling me to contact others.

I am running the latest open beta.

EDIT:  I glanced at the video in the first post.  Recognizing the video is 10 months old and the mission has probably changed a bit.  However, he never gets transitioned to departure either.  He also immediately starts his turn to FYTTR almost immediately (over the racetrack) and makes me wonder if I simply missed the first trigger where Lotus starts to describe the TGP.  If all triggers are sequenced off this event happening, I can see how I ended up over ORBIT with no chatter whatsoever.  I will re-try the mission and proceed to FYTTR as demonstrated in the OP video and report back.

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Okay.....as suspected, it was a "me" problem.  I turned towards FYTTR once I cleared the speedway.  All good from there.  Great campaign BD!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod