Roll SAS set to off for combat

captain_kaoss

On 1/20/2022 at 1:38 PM, captain_kaoss said:

Is this behaviour of the Roll SAS system modelled by Heatblur?

Yes it is: Roll SAS ON introduces lots of unwanted behaviour at high AOA, which you can easily test yourself by loading up a dogfight IA mission and doing that fight with the system on, and leaving it off next run.

22 hours ago, Kondor77 said:

I believe all the instant action quick BFM missions included with the module, start with roll SAS already off. 

Indeed they do.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Maybe it has something to do with the way i fly (generally unloading before rolling), but i've never noticed anything detrimental by having it on during ACM 🤔
Never done deliberate intensive testing though! 

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

8 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

Maybe it has something to do with the way i fly (generally unloading before rolling), but i've never noticed anything detrimental by having it on during ACM 🤔
Never done deliberate intensive testing though! 

Was also going to say this, maybe cross controls causes the SAS to induced adverse behaviour? But I can’t ever recall remembering to turn it off and have I’ve done quite a lot of BFM against human players without ever noticing it above 30 AOA. 

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

On 1/22/2022 at 11:41 PM, Gunslinger22 said:

Was also going to say this, maybe cross controls causes the SAS to induced adverse behaviour? But I can’t ever recall remembering to turn it off and have I’ve done quite a lot of BFM against human players without ever noticing it above 30 AOA. 

Yep, me too 🙂
I almost always forget to turn it off. Haven't even mapped a key-binding to it until a week or so. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

In order to achieve proper behavior in the rest of the envelope, the extreme high alpha characteristics haven't been completely implemented yet, it's coming.

That's where Roll SAS exacerbates departure tendencies, and why it was deactivated before maneuvering flight.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Viewpoints are my own.

20 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

In order to achieve proper behavior in the rest of the envelope, the extreme high alpha characteristics haven't been completely implemented yet, it's coming.

Ah, that makes sense!

4 hours ago, Victory205 said:

That's where Roll SAS exacerbates departure tendencies, and why it was deactivated before maneuvering flight.

so its gonna be more of a handfull at high aoa in future? ooooooh 

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 3 months later...