Help understanding wstype, WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER, and finding the numbers for AGM-65F and AGM-65E/2

Aries144

I'm trying to learn how to change inventories at airbases in real time with triggers or player actions. I've noticed that the C-130 mod includes some cargo modules that reference wstypes for many weapons, which pointed me to wstypes.lua and agm65_family.lua. While several weapons have clear wstypes, for example the agm_65D with 4, 4, 8, 77,  the specific number for that weapon being 77, I can't find specific weapon number entries for other weapons like the F and E/2 model Mavericks.

Does anyone know where to find the numbers for weapons missing from those files, like the F and E/2 Mavericks, or how to calculate the weapon specific numbers myself so I can use them? I can't find anything searching with Notepad++ and google hasn't turned up anything either.

Edited by Aries144

Figured it out.

One way to find the wstype number for any ordnance is to make an empty mission in the mission editor and do the following:

• open up the warehouse of an airfield
  • untick "unlimited munitions"
  • set the "initial" weapon amount value for the weapon whose wstype you want to know to 999 (or any distinct and easily searchable number)
  • save the mission
  • find the mission in your username\saved games\DCS\missions folder
  • change the file extension from mission.miz to mission.zip
  • extract the zip to a folder
  • in the new folder, use Notepad++ to open the "warehouse" file
  • search for 999 (or whatever unique number you chose)

The weapon wstype number you are looking for will be found after a 4 in brackets. The line will look like this: [4] = 272,
Here, 272 is the wstype number for that specific weapon. The other bracketed numbers determine the object's categories, like airplane vs weapon, missile vs bomb, a2a vs a2g, etc. Those are explained at the start of the wsTypes.lua.

Edited by Aries144