• ED Team
8 minutes ago, Sinclair_76 said:

Oooooohhhhhh I bet it's fuzzy dice!!!

Livefire09.JPG

awesome, I will make a request !! 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

awesome, I will make a request !! 🙂

After this, I guess somebody will mod it into the Han Solo version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

19 hours ago, jackmckay said:

Its probably a sausage hook for endurance flights

Specifically requested by Polish DCS players, I bet 😆

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 1/21/2022 at 2:14 PM, Mike Force Team said:

While I am disappointed that the EA for the Apache is being pushed back to the first quarter 2022, at least we know the status.  To compensate those who purchased the EA version of the Apache, can ED give us a free aircraft of our choosing?

MFT

😞

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• ED Team
5 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

OMG this is gonna TANK my VR FPS.

your 2070 is lower end for vr but you should be ok, I think you will get a steady 45 FPS. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

your 2070 is lower end for vr but you should be ok, I think you will get a steady 45 FPS. 

Oh shoot, I hope you haven't forgotten the asterisk there* 😅....

(*just kidding - you know that is a delicate topic. 🙈)

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Dear ED, have you lost your mind? Detail related

If you like the AH-64D Apache on Range video, you might also like this. Its funny how i found this, when i was looking for videos about the Abrams 😉

Apaches are shown at the beggining and around 2:28. Some sight to see...

But anyway, the topic is a nice clickbait. I almost fell for it haha. Good job. 

Edited by Mr.Scar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, jackmckay said:

Whats that chrome meat hook for?

I don't know....

... but my guess is, it's for hanging your flight helmet and it's complicated optical display system, it's handy, don't have to keep plugging unplugging the data cable (maybe the new ones are wireless, but the old ones used a cable), and doesn't get in the way of entering/exiting the aircraft.  But that's ONLY a guess on my part! 

I see that there are mounts for M-4 carbines...  I seem to think that the first Apaches in the 1980's might not have had such mounts, the expectation to just depend on a sidearm if downed, but I think during 1991 Desert Storm many pilots wanted more than a 9mm or .45 if it would fit in the aircraft!  Maybe the Apaches always had such mounts, I might be thinking of a different aircraft.

29 minutes ago, Rick50 said:

I don't know....

... but my guess is, it's for hanging your flight helmet and it's complicated optical display system, it's handy, don't have to keep plugging unplugging the data cable (maybe the new ones are wireless, but the old ones used a cable), and doesn't get in the way of entering/exiting the aircraft.  But that's ONLY a guess on my part! 

I see that there are mounts for M-4 carbines...  I seem to think that the first Apaches in the 1980's might not have had such mounts, the expectation to just depend on a sidearm if downed, but I think during 1991 Desert Storm many pilots wanted more than a 9mm or .45 if it would fit in the aircraft!  Maybe the Apaches always had such mounts, I might be thinking of a different aircraft.

Helmet yes, the HDU gets stored in the hdu holder an attached when you get in, otherwise the cable would be in your way and you'd risk ripping it off and breaking it when you were shuffling into the seat

• Thanks 1