Once landed on a moving ship's deck, a Huey is still moving, even when rotor is fully stopped.

Alexandre GILBERT

I'm flying in at ESCA, a DCS flight School, where I'm involved in UH-1 training courses.

Many times, a flight mate complained about his Huey moving forward on the deck when landed on a ship’s deck (carrier, super carrier, frigate...), until he hits the ship and break the Huey.
Then, we did many tests :

• In the same mission, the other Hueys does not suffer the issue.
  • The one who experienced the issue took a Mi-8 and landed on the ship : no issue. Back to Huey, he experienced again.
  • Then I hosted the same mission, then he did not experience the issue. But, as hoster, I experienced the issue.
  • It happens for the hoster, in Huey, whatever the mission, as soon as he landed on a moving ship’s deck.
  • When the hoster spawn on a moving deck, it starts moving.
  • Whatever the angle of the Huey on the deck, it moves is the ship bearing direction.
  • Once the rotor fully stopped, the Huey is still moving (very slowly) on the deck.

In conclusion :

When landing on a moving ship’s deck, a UH-1 Hey of the mission's hoster or in a single mission, is still moving up to the edge of the deck and fall into the water even if the rotor is stopped.

May you fix it please ?

Thank you,

Alexandre.

Edited by Alexandre GILBERT
Added one test related to the hoster spawn on the deck

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it has something related to skids, the friction betwen skids and deck? On the other hand, I did not experience this problem with Gazelle. Mi-8 has wheels, so you can use wheel brakes.

I have a track with landing on a Ticonderoga-class cruiser, if it can help, the same problem happens.

UH-1 landing on ship.trk

Edited by JetJake76