Is uboats profile pic an easter egg for next Deka module?

Rinz1er

Uboat's current profile pic is below.... I am not sure what it is exactly, and I may be reaching but it could be a easter egg for the next Deka module and if so what is it? 

Let's speculate wildly.

111.jpg.bd5619583336297364fc0606d0ff6378.jpg

Edited by Rinz1er
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Rinz1er changed the title to Is uboats profile pic an easter egg for next Deka module?

Well it’s a J-10b/c/p. If it’s a module or AI is another question. J-10 just got it’s first export order this month which was something that would need to happen for it have some plausibility in DCS, and the cockpit avionics of the JF-17 are supposedly very similar. But… I’m just not sure how likely that is. The export version is from what I’ve heard very similar to the J-10c used by the PLAAF and that’s sort of like an F-16v or block III super hornet. The J-10B has seemed plausible enough to me in the past, but… it was never exported. So maybe but until Deka says something I’m not assuming anything, only they really know.

That picture is probably the J-10B/C. The probe mounting position on the JF-17 needs to be much higher.

Even if a 3D model could be made, I think it would be difficult to reproduce the internal avionics. However, I wonder why they were able to produce the JF-17.

Do they have a way to collect some sort of data on Chinese aircraft?

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

6小时前,Admiral_ZIPANGU说:

That picture is probably the J-10B/C. The probe mounting position on the JF-17 needs to be much higher.

Even if a 3D model could be made, I think it would be difficult to reproduce the internal avionics. However, I wonder why they were able to produce the JF-17.

Do they have a way to collect some sort of data on Chinese aircraft?

JF-17 is tested but not and roughly never would be equipped by PLAAF. This plane is totally an export version.

They got the information from both AVIC and Pak. It seems that they could get information they need about most system exclusively for export, but they also have difficulties in collecting information about those system which is more similar to the PLA version.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 1 month later...
2022/1/23 AM7点14分,Mike_Romeo说:

Well Pakistan bought some J-10's recently. So maybe Deka is making Pakistan a training module for it and a version for the crowed. Its no secret that DCS is used for real life pilot training.

Considering ED is also doing this, we can suspect so do some other 3rd parties, especially thinking how deka could persuade PAF to help on resources for JF.

However, ED could modify their A-10C to commercial level for public but they could never finish their full fidelity flanker dream (well, to me it's also my dream, even not precise on rivet level). The law for secrecy is different from type to type and country to country. In other country those project may be forbidden and no legal information resources even without some sensitive systems, or has to be kept as internal projects after development.

So we'd better expect not too much before any official information. 

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

Judging by the fact it has an EOS, this is at least a J-10B.

If it is an easter egg for the next module, it will be the greatest news ever happen in DCS.

It is highly unlikely, but not completely impossible.

I am saying this is not impossible because J-10C had been offered to export already. Also Chengdu had ceased all J-10 production and all their capacity are switches to produce J-20.

Right now it is the Hongdu (the same company made Q-5) that is making J-10 if PLA or any foreign customers decide to make a purchase.

However, it is still unlikely, because J-10 is still in service in PLA as their frontline fighters. Last year I believe, PLA made a decision to withdraw all older planes from service. Any planes that has no fox 3 or datalink are being phased out or send to border patrol units and waiting to get phased out.

J-7 and J-8 are being phased out. Su-27 and J-11A are being send to border patrol units. Once all J-7 and J-8 are gone, Su-27 and J-11A will be the next to go. J-8II, J-10, J-11B and D, are still considered as frontline fighters and will not retire anytime soon.

• Like 3

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

26.02.2022 в 16:50, PLAAF сказал:

Judging by the fact it has an EOS, this is at least a J-10B.

If it is an easter egg for the next module, it will be the greatest news ever happen in DCS.

It is highly unlikely, but not completely impossible.

I am saying this is not impossible because J-10C had been offered to export already.

I guess someone's listened to you: https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202203/1254623.shtml

9 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

I mean that J-10CE is now in Pakistan, so Deka can probably make a go for it.

I highly doubted. Like I mentioned before, J-10C is one of the top of the line 4th gen fighter, just like MiG-35 in Russia, or F-16E/F and F/A-18E/F super hornets in the west.

On top of that, it carries weapon systems that is not exported.

The best thing we can hope for is J-10B or A.

To the best of my knowledge, J-10B shouldn't have existed in the first place. The reason it was created was because the development of an AESA radar that is suitable for J-10 was delayed. So, J-10B carries a PESA radar as a stopgap. This is why J-10B is so few in number. This is just like the Su-25T, temporary measure used before the Su-25M went in mass production.  According to the Wikipedia, only 55 J-10B were made before the production gave way for J-10C.

But it is still unlikely for us to even get a J-10B in DCS because even a PESA radar is too advanced. So far, no module in DCS carries a PESA radar. I heard humors that some 3rd part team is making F-18E super hornet. If that is true, then we may have a chance for J-10B after F-18E release.

But what the heck, I will take it even if Deka makes a J-10A. It is still a superior fighter than the JF-17 we are getting right now  🙂

8 hours ago, ПТНПНХ said:

The J-10C also uses very similar avionics to the JF-17 - same displays and similar layout. Only the software and display symbology seem to be different.

Kind of 

7a26-keyancx6617639.png

E6V2tWrVUAUmsF2.png

• Thanks 1

qLjvyQ3.png

16 minutes ago, ПТНПНХ said:

The lower imagine is a generic, disinformation image with dummy display symbology. This one looks more in line with what we see in the JF-17.

Eoy6IAcUUAIHxmf.jpg

J-10B_cockpit.jpg

After all both are made by Chengdu and why would they re-invent the wheel and a symbology and code infrastructure if they can re-use it? 

Maybe, I don't mind which symbol are in use in the production variant, as long as they are metric  🙂

qLjvyQ3.png

J-10 is a Chinese F-16

If you know how to fly the F-16 module you probably know how the J-10 works

The slant shows you how the Antenna of the FCR is tilted for stealth

J-10 is one of my favorite planes

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

21 minutes ago, ruddy122 said:

J-10 is a Chinese F-16

If you know how to fly the F-16 module you probably know how the J-10 works

The slant shows you how the Antenna of the FCR is tilted for stealth

J-10 is one of my favorite planes

I would argue it's more like FC-1, systems-wise. 

• Like 1

I’d love a J-10a or b. I don’t think Pesa presents the major issue often claimed. PESA is much more similar to mechanical scanning then it is to AESA. I hope if we get a J-10 by some chance it has Pl-11 though I’m only sure first batch J-10 can carry it. East Asia was actually a little late to the Fox 3 game and it would be possible to build a large number of different scenarios.

if Deka does a J-10 it might be like the JF-17 where it is mostly similar to a certain variant but has some features of another which I’m fine with given how hard it would be to get such aircraft otherwise.

also I’m wondering since Deka seems to like thrust vectoring if Deka will simulate it since at least one actual J-10 has it and it *might* have gone into a few later batch C aircraft? I’d have to look into that.

anyway all speculation. Maybe it’s just an AI asset but I wouldn’t mind that either!

IcedVenom is correct

Very similar to Deka's FC-1

In real life the Chinese use the J-10 like the American F-16

If you know FC-1 you can fly J-10

I've seen in pictures one J-10C do thrust vectoring

Most J-10's they have the AL-31F or WS-10 with no TVC

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

9 hours ago, F-2 said:

I’d love a J-10a or b. I don’t think Pesa presents the major issue often claimed. PESA is much more similar to mechanical scanning then it is to AESA. I hope if we get a J-10 by some chance it has Pl-11 though I’m only sure first batch J-10 can carry it. East Asia was actually a little late to the Fox 3 game and it would be possible to build a large number of different scenarios.

if Deka does a J-10 it might be like the JF-17 where it is mostly similar to a certain variant but has some features of another which I’m fine with given how hard it would be to get such aircraft otherwise.

also I’m wondering since Deka seems to like thrust vectoring if Deka will simulate it since at least one actual J-10 has it and it *might* have gone into a few later batch C aircraft? I’d have to look into that.

anyway all speculation. Maybe it’s just an AI asset but I wouldn’t mind that either!

Doubtful about the PL-11. Because as far as I know, PL-11 never entered service as a combat equipment.  Only small patches were made and were only used for training purpose (because it is cheaper to shot a PL-11 than PL-12). Besides, it is only based on AIM-7E missile, so it won't be that effective of a weapon.

As for the thrust vectoring, I think you are referring to the J-10B equipped with a WS-10B engine. The WS-10B engine is a planned upgrades for J-10. However, the mass production of such engine is still not commenced yet. So it will be a while before we can get it. But once it is out, almost all Chinese 4th gen fighters will get it, including J-10, J-11, J-15, J-16.

qLjvyQ3.png

22 minutes ago, PLAAF said:

Doubtful about the PL-11. Because as far as I know, PL-11 never entered service as a combat equipment.  Only small patches were made and were only used for training purpose (because it is cheaper to shot a PL-11 than PL-12). Besides, it is only based on AIM-7E missile, so it won't be that effective of a weapon.

As for the thrust vectoring, I think you are referring to the J-10B equipped with a WS-10B engine. The WS-10B engine is a planned upgrades for J-10. However, the mass production of such engine is still not commenced yet. So it will be a while before we can get it. But once it is out, almost all Chinese 4th gen fighters will get it, including J-10, J-11, J-15, J-16.

I thought pl-11 had the Aspide‘s mono pulse seeker?