When was the last "real" update on the SC ?

Zafix
Go to solution Solved by Northstar98,

Hi, it looks like we haven't seen any new features added on the Supercarrier for a long time now. Do some of you know when the last big update was ?

Can we expect something new in 2022?

Edited by Zafix
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Zafix said:

Hi, it looks like we haven't seen any new features added on the Supercarrier for a long time now. Do some of you know when the last big update was ?

We have just newsletter. No updates.  Update was long time ago.

• Like 1

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

• Solution

The last 'major' change (EDIT: it was at least more substantial than other changelogs for the Supercarrier) to the Supercarrier was in the June 16th 2021 update (2.7.2.7910.1):

DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics

Update to the deck crew that includes improved meshes and geometry tweaks:

• Plane director “Shooter” model has been edited to include skinning and geometry corrections.
  • Improved mesh and skinning for the hands and gloves.
  • A completely new and anatomically correct skeleton for the hands.
  • The sailor head model has been replaced with a much more realistic one.
  • The airboss model has been improved with improved hands and removed beer belly.
  • Missing Level Of Details (LOD) have been added for all models.
  • All seated and standing poses have been corrected and improved.
  • Fixed excessive bending animation of the legs while walking.
  • Fixed sliding legs.
  • Fixed the intersection of arms and legs.
  • Several new idle animations have been added for a more natural look.
  • Mesh and skinning have been adjusted at the elbow area to reduce the effect of no mass.
  • All the models have been converted to a new version of the skeleton that will provide more natural movements.

The last time the Supercarrier was even mentioned in the changelog was the August 11th 2021 update (2.7.5.10869), which included a few fixes:

DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics

• AI SU-33 does not spool engines to full power before hold-back release - fixed.
  • F-14s for clients don't want to spawn together at 5 and 6 positions - fixed.
  • Disabling FLOLS overlay doesn't work when restarting the game - fixed.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I suspect all the team are currently on apache, perhaps with one or two keeping other little things ticking over... Everything was looking great with regular Hornet updates last year and since then, we have had two official modules plus a very complicated Apache module coming out, when you look from the outside it does seem they are trying to raise more capitol

• ED Team
On 1/22/2022 at 1:18 AM, Zafix said:

We have mentioned many times we are working on new features for the supercarrier and it will take time. 

thank you for your patience. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/22/2022 at 1:07 PM, Northstar98 said:

The last major change to the Supercarrier was in the June 16th 2021 update (2.7.2.7910.1):

I wouldn't call it "major change". These were cosmetics, which most of us even didn't notice. It had exactly zero influence on a gameplay.

Edited by Foka
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Foka said:

I wouldn't call it "major change". These were cosmetics, which most of us even didn't notice. It had exactly zero influence on a gameplay.

IMO it's a major change relative to other changelogs for the SC, which typically amount to a few bug fixes at most.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

We have mentioned many times we are working on new features for the supercarrier and it will take time. 

thank you for your patience. 

Well, without being impolite,..... at some point "deeds instead of words" would be more than appropriate.

Nobody can argue about the patience of the SC-Buyers have shown but the visible progress is nearly non-existent.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, DrKViper said:

We forgot when it was last updated. It is just a money trap.

So it's no wonder people feel that way, and with the many other disappointments we have to swallow right now and the way the critic is handed I can only say, support and trust only goes so far. I mean, ED in returns expected us to hold our part of the deal and pay our order.

I'm being honest, I cannot recommend the SC and much other Modules to any squadron-mate or friend right now.

Also, a little shout-out to the moose guys, without them the SC would be more than useless in long missions, thank you guys.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• ED Team
4 hours ago, headbreaker_ger said:

Well, without being impolite,..... at some point "deeds instead of words" would be more than appropriate.

Nobody can argue about the patience of the SC-Buyers have shown but the visible progress is nearly non-existent.

Appreciate that, but I can not magic up work to show you all, I have to wait for the teams to be ready with the new features, and they have to be tested internally. It all takes time. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Of course it takes time, and I know it's all in development. And you obviously can't conjur up work. But maybe a little more detailed info can be shared? Without naming dates or timeframes of course. But what are the items left for the next update. And what has been finished for it so far. Personally I'm most interested in the wands for the plane directors, and selectable spawning spots in the ME. The latter of which I don't know if it is actually planned but it would be such a quality of life improvement.

Personally I'm more on the satisfied side of SC custemors. And again I know it takes time and is in developement. But can we at least get an update of what is still missing before the next features are added. I mean like the list for the Apache when it was postponed in december.

• Like 11

Things like this are why I really wish ED would add more to the newsletter... not necessarily asking for everything to be in detail but just a little comment that work continues on this or that, because to us that don't have insight to the inner workings of ED it can almost look like something has been "abandoned" or that devs were put somewhere else and the item isn't important.  This would at least put minds at ease.

• Like 5

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

We've all seen how bad things can go with Frontier and Elite. Now while I would say we are some way from that, Ed needs to give us, the customers some idea of how modules are progressing and why it takes so long for some apparently 'simple' features to be completed or rectified.

• Like 3

On 1/24/2022 at 10:07 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Appreciate that, but I can not magic up work to show you all, I have to wait for the teams to be ready with the new features, and they have to be tested internally. It all takes time. 

But, what do you expect from us now? What do you think how we should behave? Sure, you can't just push a button and it's ready out of the box. No one have this button. The vast majority of us know that. But I'm really curious if ED think we should just sit there and wait in silence, no matter how long? I really mean this as a question, cause I have a feeling there is a big misunderstanding between the community and ED. 
We are curious, and if there is no further information all we can do is ask. 

• Like 6

On 2/7/2022 at 6:22 PM, SteelPig said:

But I'm really curious if ED think we should just sit there and wait in silence, no matter how long? 

Probably yes, that would be preferred I guess.Ideally Along with spending further money on hyped shiny new EA modules (which btw, will take equally long to get finished, if ever)   while you wait...

It's just the real downside of their EA business model and it seems to become more and more obvious with ever more unfinished modules in parallel developement requiring ressources. But there's not much to do about it, they are stuck with their business model and it still seems to work for them.

So you can only make your own decision, whether you are willing to further invest into EA in the future.

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 3

• ED Team

Early access helps our development, without it we would not be able to bring these modules to you. Yes early access does take a long time, the work can not be rushed. This is a very niche market that requires patience and planning so we can continue to bring these modules to you all.

Many of you here have made some pretty bold claims regarding early access, and I can understand you may not agree with how early access works, if that is the case then please do not use early access, wait for the finished product, once you are happy and decide to purchase you will still be supporting us. 

We hope to have some supercarrier news soon and hopefully be able to share all of the teams progress. 

Thanks

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3