Intercepting radial using NS 430, flight plan and "Direct to" button

elewarr

I'm trying to use NS 430 to intercept a runway course, instead of flying to the airport VOR directly.
I'm not sure, maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm unable to set the intercept course.

1. I have a flight plan UGSS to UG23...
2. instead of flying straight to UG23 I'd like to intercept proper course to the runway, so I'm going to UG23 on the FPL 1st page and pressing "Direct to"...
3. in the waypoint editor I'm going to CRS field and starting edition...
4. changing thge course from 294 to 100 (ignoring if the course actually intercepts runway, just a sample value)...
5. pressing "Enter" - and that's where I think it should behave differently - there should still be course 100 as set in 4th step and I should be able to accept it, instead original 294 is shown - it's not the 100 I just have set

Could any one help me set the intercepting course, please?

1.png

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

On 1/22/2022 at 1:48 AM, elewarr said:

I'm trying to use NS 430 to intercept a runway course, instead of flying to the airport VOR directly.

Could any one help me set the intercepting course, please?

The more advanced features of the GNS430 that you are looking for are broken in DCS's NS430, only flying direct to a WPT, VOR, etc. works.

See this old report for more detail ...

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thank you! I found your post while searching for similar reports. I thought I'll create this specific report anyway.

That's a bummer. With vectors approach only it's quite an important feature I think, to be able to properly line up with an airport and not just "go straight there and we'll see (or not)".