So could we get a refund?

fastfed

I am not being salty, but I don't lend people money, especially companies and ESPECIALLY GAMING COMPANIES..

Sorry I am all for early releases, but not for weeks and weeks let alone months.

I will be happy to pay them full price when it comes out.  I dont even mind if it takes another year. They pushed this thing way too soon out of greed, yep thats right, its that simple, cry and complain if you want 

• Thanks 6

You made an adult choice to pre-order and read the disclaimer like the rest of us before pressing buy.  Now you get to continue be an adult and wait patiently like the rest of us.  Better many of the bugs are worked out before release than us to be throwing our equipment at our monitors because we're angry.

Edited by Mr_Blastman
  • Like 21

maybe next time you should consult w/ ur guardian before making anymore online purchases.  you've been here since 2012 i would presume you know how this game has gone from 1 a-10 to what it is now, your statement makes zero sense, if you need that money back for other things that would be understanding.

i would contact support.  and who is we? you got a mouse in ur pocket?

• Like 12

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

What's the big deal?  Just wait and let them give us a reasonable version 1.0 that will be fun to play with rather than a buggy beta.

• Like 3

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Everybody is entitled to their opinion there is no need for insults and belittling. Please remember we are on the same team after all. 

• Like 3

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Again, I am fine with waiting, we all do that don't we??

this early release stuff has put a huge strain on gaming, its not just DCS everyone does it now. Just saying at what point do you allow people to just hold your money for products? Amazon knows this as the entire world does as well.

• Like 2

Hey on the upside, ED's Q4 numbers probably looked really good with the pre-order. And everyone got to spend a nice extended holiday from like mid Dec to mid Jan off. 

I mean really, thats what your dollars supported, and isn't it nice that that they did. Stockholders were happy, devs were happy. It was a merry time.

We even got this hilariously annoying holiday webpage with breaking bulbs that I'm SURE everyone loves, I mean we could get some 1990's era dancing hampsers too if we really ask. 

As Nick says, thanks for making ED's dreams come true.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b4rasvqnp076lnpfrt

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 9

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

just wait, yeah i get you were expecting it but at this point we have waited for it this long might as well just wait a little bit longer if we need to. i preorder because i wanna pay and forget about it, plus you are getting it cheaper because of it, not worth it to cancel or try to, just my opinion. 

Edited by Cosmo81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fatboy said:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion there is no need for insults and belittling. Please remember we are on the same team after all. 

brilliant words.

let this not get toxic

it was a legit REAL WORLD question did ED say no refunds if delayed?, if not then people should be able to express their displeasure buy getting a refund.

personally I agree with @Cosmo81 who makes a GOOD point "i preorder because i wanna pay[less] and forget about it" that sums it up for me.

• Like 4

Wow...  That's a very large victim mentality and entitlement drive you two (and many others...  don't get me wrong...) have going on there.

The older I get the more amused I am by people walking THEMSELVES right through a door that hits them in the ass.  It was inevitable I suppose.  You know those vids on youtube where kids get taken out by stuff like maybe a cat pounces on them or they get run into by an RC car and wiped out or something...  I love those vids.  Makes sence that I enjoy kids getting butt hurt in other ways too I guess...

Can we get one more delay after this one ED???  Just for the kids???

• Like 5

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Here's some advice from a person who has been using DCS for 20 years. ED is long on promises but short on delivery pretty much about 50% of the time. I would never prepay for anything here. Been there....Done that. You never know what the end product will be. You won't know if they will leave systems promised, or deal breaking bugs to hang on year after year from your purchase date. You will watch your pre purchased module go ignored for years while ED is coming out with more and more unfinished stuff. It can be pretty infuriating. 

This is a sad but true reality when it comes to dealing with ED. When I was still buying stuff from ED, toward the end I would let a module be released, see if the complaints, bugs, and promises were dealt with by ED, and then decide if it was worth the aggravation to deal with all of those things. I never thought of how exciting the module was. I just got to the point of asking myself if it were worth the hassle of waiting for things that in many cases, would never come. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Zimmerdylan said:

ED is long on promises but short on delivery pretty much about 50% of the time. I would never prepay for anything here. Been there....Done that. You never know what the end product will be. You won't know if they will leave systems promised, or deal breaking bugs to hang on year after year from your purchase date. You will watch your pre purchased module go ignored for years while ED is coming out with more and more unfinished stuff.

Well said 👍

Edited by jethead
  • Like 2

Im goinna have to buy just to feel included in threads like this.....

5 hours ago, fastfed said:

I am not being salty, but I don't lend people money, especially companies and ESPECIALLY GAMING COMPANIES..

You paid a discounted pre order on a product with an ETA. You didnt lend anyoine anything

Sorry I am all for early releases, but not for weeks and weeks let alone months.

Pre Order NOT Early Release

I will be happy to pay them full price when it comes out.  I dont even mind if it takes another year. They pushed this thing way too soon out of greed, yep thats right, its that simple, cry and complain if you want 

So why didnt you?  The discount is offered as both an incentive and a counterance to the uncertainty of a pre order. With the discount and Airmiles you paid just over half price in return for accepting that uncertainty. In these times especially you should know that there are many conpunding external factors at play. Seems youre the crying and complaining one. 

TBH Im a little at a loss as to why the OP even thinks there is an validity to the points made but each to their own views. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Harlikwin:

Hey on the upside, ED's Q4 numbers probably looked really good with the pre-order. And everyone got to spend a nice extended holiday from like mid Dec to mid Jan off. 

I mean really, thats what your dollars supported, and isn't it nice that that they did. Stockholders were happy, devs were happy. It was a merry time.

We even got this hilariously annoying holiday webpage with breaking bulbs that I'm SURE everyone loves, I mean we could get some 1990's era dancing hampsers too if we really ask. 

As Nick says, thanks for making ED's dreams come true.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b4rasvqnp076lnpfrt

could not say it any better 🙂

Yet lend money to a gaming company is exactly what you have done.

Not wanting to lend money to a gaming company is perfectly reasonable. Not wanting to do it, then doing it, and finally being salty about it, is not. If you don't like pre-orders then don't pre-order.
  • Like 2

Dammit! They said my pixels would be here ON THIS DAY, AT THIS TIME!

Sooooo let's recap.

You're NOT ok with giving ED less money up front, and then having to wait for a product, which you get the moment it releases,

But you ARE ok with waiting for the product, buying it at full price, giving ED MORE money for the same product, the moment it releases....

Remind me to never go in business with you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2