Please Add A Detailed Basra to the Map

isotaan

Raven One has a mission over Basra. Baltic Dragon did his best by placing static structure, but the map there is so awfully painful to look at that it makes the mission harder than it needs to be.

I'm not suggesting the addition of anything beyond Basra and its immediate vicinity. It doesn't even need to be more than high-resolution textures and stock assets.

I just want that the team helps out by making a paid, quality campaign better by making just one town at a detailed level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

The Mirage F1 is a reason to reopen this case and try to convince ED to include Basrah, Qatar/Bahrain and Bushehr Nuclear PP.

Maybe Ugra is already working on a full size Iraq map, I hope they didn't stop at H3, plus they already have the right assets, so to me it's very likely that we're close to the official announcement! 🙂

Plus, they like old ruins. Iraq is/was the cradle of civilization. Many of the ancient Sumerian cities are located in the south of Iraq near Basrah. Basrah didn't exist back then, because this area was still part of the Persian Gulf and under water, before the Euphrates and Tigris river washed down sediment, and created this river delta. To a certain degree, it was man-made because logging activity contributed to the erosion. "Initially", the Euphrates and Tigris rivers did not come together before entering the Persian Gulf, and that confluence north of Basrah didn't exist back then. I know, I disgress, but in my opinion this area (Iraq) is the most interesting of all.

Please ED, hire someone to make an Iraq map, it will be well worth it. There are so many stories and podcasts about this area, it's gonna become the #1 map over night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...