MAX power with MW50 for 30 min

Coco22

Actually at high alt you can run 1.8 ATA w/o mw50, tested it, it works.

@Coco22 by using mw50 injection you actually make it less stressful for engine lowering combustion chamber temp, when mw50 enters cylinder it takes a lot of heat in evaporation process, sometimes it may cause  temp shock damage but in liquid cooled engine it is less likely to happen.

The way other games doing that by using timer, when 5 min mark ticks engine cracks in half, this is 100% BS. Lets say we have two engines that actual will brake after 5 min max power, first engine has 0 hours and is brand new and second has 100 hours on it, so both will brake after 5 min i don't think so if max power time limit would be set withing 1 min margin for 5 min.

For a single flight exceeding time limits is just a no factor, you will land take new and go again. Even when you won't change planes in game you still won't hit 10h mark on single engine. Time limits are set so engine can last for hundreds hours of operation.

Maybe some day some kind of system will be implemented so your plane run hours will be assigned to single pilot. 

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I have seen real life test where they run the engine for 40 mins on max power before breaking.

Really as long as you are within operation limits, it should be fine except for the greater wear on the engine components. At higher than rated altitudes, not even that, as the engine no longer develops full power.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

1 minute ago, Hobel said:

You can close or separate the coolers at the 109 and you can still give 30min full throttle.

Is also already reported,

That is cooling problem which is WIP right now.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

On 1/27/2022 at 10:17 PM, grafspee said:

Maybe some day some kind of system will be implemented so your plane run hours will be assigned to single pilot. 

Many modules already offer the option of setting the "operating time" status of an engine.  Whether it works as detailed as you describe I can not say,

2 minutes ago, Hobel said:

Many modules already offer the option of setting the "operating time" status of an engine.  Whether it works as detailed as you describe I can not say,

Where is this option i don't recall that any warbird had this ? Mission editor ?

Edited by grafspee