Russian Carrier Group: can't prevent from attacking Blue carrier group BUT still employ SAMs for Blue aircraft

I have a mission with both a Red carrier group (Kuznetsov and accompanying Moskvas) and a Blue group (CVN-71 and cruisers/battleships).  When the mission starts, they are 113nm apart.  The Red group immediately attacks the Blue group with Sandbox's UNLESS I set their Alarm State to GREEN.

However, on GREEN, then the Red group won't fire SAMs at Blue aircraft flying within range.  I'd like for them to use their SAMs, but NOT attack the Blue carrier group.  Any ideas?

The "Interception Range" only applies to the carrier's SAMs, not its Sandbox anti-ship missiles.

I have also tested ROE as "Return Fire" with Alarm State as Auto/Red, but that still prevents the SAMs from launching unless they are attacked by anti-ship missiles...and when a Harpoon is fired on the Kuz, it immediately attacks the Blue carrier group with Sandbox ASMs.

Blue will not fire on Red.  So how can I have two carrier groups in the mission without the Kuznetsov attacking the Blue carrier group BUT still firing on Blue aircraft?

Edited by GatorNutz

Yeah that has been an annoying functionality of AI ships for a while now. Recently ships gained the ability to turn to engage on this own which makes this problem that much more prevalent. There is a several year old feature request to add more ROE and other options to better control it. In the mean time your only recourse is to deny information. Either set the Blue fleet to "invisible" or remove AWACS from red so that ships over the horizon aren't detected. With NATO ships you at least have the option to put them outside the range of their anti-ship missiles, but the Russian ones can go 500km so it isn't all that practical. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum