AP engagement deadzone special option

Swift.

I (along with many others I'm sure) have always had difficulty with engaging the autopilot in the DCS hornet. Because the way it has been modelled to where the stick needs to be perfectly centred for it to engage, it means those with smooth centred sticks will have a hard time getting the stick to that perfect centre.

The options to solve this so far are to increase the deadzone for the whole stick, which will ruin the experience in all other aspects. Or to just not use the AP.

The suggestion I'm making therefore, is that we have a special option for hornet where we can have either:
- Toggle 'Realistic AP engagement' ON or OFF, where ON is perfect centre required and OFF is AP engagement not limited by stick position.
- A engagement deadzone slider, where we can adjust how big the deadzone should be so we can account for the imperfection in our sim hardware.

As a side note, I'm not 100% convinced the AP engagement requiring perfectly centred stick position is necessarily correct. However if it is then the above suggestion would allow the option for those that need it.

• Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...