How detailed is the pilot body in the F-86F

sirrah

While waiting for the Apache, I'm thinking about purchasing a "simple" module, without a steep learning curve and complex avionics.

The F-86F and Mig-15 came to mind.

One thing that really gets me immersed in VR, is a pilot body (to me it changes the cockpit view from a poster you hang on your wall, to a cockpit you're actually sitting in). Now if I'm not mistaking, the Mig-15 doesn't have a pilot body (yet?).

Can anyone tell me what to expect from the quality of the F-86 pilot body. Let's say in a scale between 1 and Razbam quality 😄

(Razbam being highest obviously)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Both Korean jets have pilot body in the cockpit. I'd give them a "six". Good enough to do the job, animated, no issues. Same quality as the rest of the cockpit, which shows its age a bit. 

The aircraft without pilot body are: Fw190A, Mosquito, I16, A10, F15, Mig19, Mig21, Mig29, F14, F16, JF17, Ka50, Mi24.

As you can see, almost all ED releases in recent years do not have the pilot body. So I wouldn't count on the Apache coming with it on release. Yeah yeah, all is work in progress, will be added soon (in this decade), subject to change, yadda yadda....

Edited by some1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

18 minutes ago, some1 said:

Both Korean jets have pilot body in the cockpit. I'd give them a "six". Good enough to do the job, animated, no issues. Same quality as the rest of the cockpit, which shows its age a bit. 

The aircraft without pilot body are: Fw190A, Mosquito, I16, A10, F15, Mig19, Mig21, Mig29, F14, F16, JF17, Ka50, Mi24.

As you can see, almost all ED releases in recent years do not have the pilot body. So I wouldn't count on the Apache coming with it on release. Yeah yeah, all is work in progress, will be added soon (in this decade), subject to change, yadda yadda....

Thanks @some1

Yes, I'm well aware that I shouldn't expect a pilot body in the Apache upon EA release (and probably years after). Few weeks before EA release of the Viper I asked Wags if we could expect a pilot body on its release. The answer was that the concerning designer would first finish work on the landing gear and then start on the pilot body, which would (quote) "follow soon after EA release"

Well.. "soon" is very subjective obviously 😅. And, unfortunately, it seems that this feature is being pushed back to the end of the line...

Anyways.. enough rambling from this grumpy old fart 😋... Which aircraft would you advise me, the F-86 or Mig-19?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

MiG-15 has a bit more charm IMO and the added advantage that you don't have to fight the UFO MiG-15 AI. 

F-86 has more A2G capability, fancy radar gunsight (still bugged) and more ammo, even though the .50 cals don't pack as much punch as MiG's cannons. 

I can also recommend the Museum Relic campaign, it works with both aircraft and while completely fictional, it's well written and well designed, it doesn't pit you against superior AI in superior aircraft expecting you to win. 

• Thanks 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

9 hours ago, some1 said:

MiG-15 has a bit more charm IMO and the added advantage that you don't have to fight the UFO MiG-15 AI. 

F-86 has more A2G capability, fancy radar gunsight (still bugged) and more ammo, even though the .50 cals don't pack as much punch as MiG's cannons. 

I can also recommend the Museum Relic campaign, it works with both aircraft and while completely fictional, it's well written and well designed, it doesn't pit you against superior AI in superior aircraft expecting you to win. 

Despite agreeing with you about the MiG-15 having more "charm", I went for the Sabre :cheer3nc:

Main reason, I wanted something easy to use/learn and since my Cyrillic is still quite poor (don't understand any of it), I expect the F-86 fits me better right now.

I even put my Virpil collective to good use and set it up as a throttle:

20220123_160920.jpg

(also gonna swap the Hornet grip for my Warthog grip as it looks/feels more like the F-86F)

To those not familiar with the Sabre throttle, it looks more like a stick:

03.jpg

Which campaign would you call the most atmospheric/fun:

Hunters over the Yalu

or

Museum Relic

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

4 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Why don´t you use the free trial period on both (F-86 or Mig 15) and make a decision?

Saludos.

Saca111

Good point

I keep forgetting we have that option now

Anyways, purchased the Sabre and the Relic campaign (realized that Yalu campaign needs ww2 pack, which I don't have as I didn't take the DCS ww2 plunge yet)

• Like 1

System specs:

21 minutes ago, hannibal said:

you should get the A10C harrier or F18... to get used to searching for targets on MFD

Hehe

Already have pretty much all the "modern" modules 😉 

I wasn't looking for a module to get me prepped for the Apache. Heck, I'm more ready than I'll ever be! I can land the Hind on a post stamp if I want to! 😄 

I was just looking for something simple to keep me occupied while waiting 😉 

• Like 3

System specs:

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Sirrah,
It's been a while, hope your doing well.
I don't always fly Jets, but when I do, I prefer the F86, Stay healthy my friend.

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg