Corsair questions (probably too many to answer lol)

LordBlueBaron22

I have been dying to know the answer to these questions and I have nowhere else to ask so why not here? 1) How will the deck work in general? I have a few ideas, first you just do it simple style and turn on your engine and taxi out from below deck, second you can have some sort of communication menu where you can either choose where to taxi (like you command the people pushing you) or have control on where you taxi (like you are in control of the people pushing you), or third you just use communication menu to just bring you topside or bottomside. This also leads to the question how would you spot the deck for recovering as you'd have to get real close to the edge and then you can't back up. 2) What armament are we going to have? I know this would be stated close to release but is this close enough? 3) What ships will we have? I'm dying to know what in this assets pack is going to blow me out of the sky. This also leads to the question if you (Magnitude 3) are going to make an addon pacific theater assets pack (like ww2 assets pack). 4) What ground units are we going to have? Just kind of ties into ships. 5) Do you guys plan on making a kamikaze command for zeros? I just think this would be cool. I think that's all the questions I have. Hope I didn't miss anything! If you couldn't tell I'm super excited for this plane and can't wait! You can bet I'm going to buy this thing the second I can!

Edited by LordBlueBaron22
  • Like 1

3) What ships will we have? I'm dying to know what in this assets pack is going to blow me out of the sky. This also leads to the question if you (Magnitude 3) is going to make an addon pacific theater assets pack (like ww2 assets pack).

There are some gorgeous looking ships in the Mods section:

(look for @Hawkeye60 mods)

Fletcher class DDs

USS-Fletcher-Class4.jpg

Iowa

iowab.jpg

Hornet

Screen-210925-074025.png

IJN - Yamato

yamato6.jpg

4iIenbS.jpg

JaK5pbg.jpg

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LordBlueBaron22 said:

I can't seem to find his mods, mind linking me some? Or just a link to a collection of warships. One question, are these compatible with 2.7 or whatever update we're on?

USN BB & DDs

USN CVs

IJN assets

Axis assets incl IGN

Japanese aircraft

plenty there to keep Corsair pilots company

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, rkk01 said:

plenty there to keep Corsair pilots company

Thank you so much! Life saver. In the mean time do you know of any American aircraft I can fly while I wait for the Corsair? I saw this Wildcat mod but it's not out yet, Idk why the author didn't simulate a hellcat but whatever.

I never really saw the purpose of these mods that use the Mustang. You are in the Mustang cockpit, using the Mustang flight model. You are flying the Mustang, not the F6F. Great as AI, though. Maybe someone will do a TBM Avenger mod using the Yak. Flying the Corsair in a combined F4U, F6F, TBM air strike would be very immersive. 

• Like 5

I never really saw the purpose of these mods that use the Mustang. You are in the Mustang cockpit, using the Mustang flight model. You are flying the Mustang, not the F6F. Great as AI, though. Maybe someone will do a TBM Avenger mod using the Yak. Flying the Corsair in a combined F4U, F6F, TBM air strike would be very immersive. 

And now I see that there is a bunch of AI Japanese airplanes. Plent out there for a terrific Pacific air war experience. Where is that Corsair!?

5 hours ago, Ercoupe said:

And now I see that there is a bunch of AI Japanese airplanes. Plent out there for a terrific Pacific air war experience. Where is that Corsair!?

Flying the Yak has always reminded me of the SBD in CFS2.