Bugs?

Arink429

Hi.

I found several issues on the 101EB:

1-In cold weather op, speed not alive during take-off roll (abort). All procedures (pitot heat and eng. anti ice) properly done.

2-After several min. of flight, Computer caution message. If not reacting immediately, engine fire will come. But if reacting, the engine performance will degrade progressively.

3-Batteries overheating (all flights). After following the emergency procedures, the message is still present, and even disconnected, the >70º warning message appears after several minutes.

4-No sync between cockpits for several flight director modes (I tried Altitude Hold, flickering on rear cockpit and sending wrong guidance in front cockpit).

5-Fuel pump switches on rear cockpit. The two left switches are blocked on MAN position. Unable to move.

6-The mapped commands for throttle are inverted (IDLE shuts down the engine and Shut off moves the throttle to the idle position.)

Muchas gracias.

Antonio.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

9 hours ago, Arink429 said:

6-The mapped commands for throttle are inverted (IDLE shuts down the engine and Shut off moves the throttle to the idle position.)

It looks like the throttle commands work all as toggles right now. It doesn't mater what I press, R-Ctrl Home, R-Shift Home, R-Alt Home. They all toggle between OFF and IDLE.

Setting my HOTAS that way is impossible.

Edited by Dustoff74
  • Like 1

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning

On 1/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Arink429 said:

Hi.

1-In cold weather op, speed not alive during take-off roll (abort). All procedures (pitot heat and eng. anti ice) properly done.

2-After several min. of flight, Computer caution message. If not reacting immediately, engine fire will come. But if reacting, the engine performance will degrade progressively.

3-Batteries overheating (all flights). After following the emergency procedures, the message is still present, and even disconnected, the >70º warning message appears after several minutes.

4-No sync between cockpits for several flight director modes (I tried Altitude Hold, flickering on rear cockpit and sending wrong guidance in front cockpit).

5-Fuel pump switches on rear cockpit. The two left switches are blocked on MAN position. Unable to move.

Muchas gracias.

Antonio.

1- Unable to reproduce. Please, I need a short trk and the DCS version number in which it was recorded, you can find it in autoupdate.cfg in main DCS directory.

2- Unable to reproduce. Same as above, I need a short trk.

3- Unable to reproduce in a normal flight, this should only occur in a very hot weather and at very high speeds, that can't be reached usually in this airplane. Again, I need a short trk.

4- Unable to reproduce in an offline flight or in a multicrew flight. Please specify if that happens offline or in multicrew, and provide a short trk as well.

5- I confirm that it got broken for some reason. We will fix it.

6- I also confirm that it got broken. We will fix it.

17 hours ago, Dustoff74 said:

It looks like the throttle commands work all as toggles right now. It doesn't mater what I press, R-Ctrl Home, R-Shift Home, R-Alt Home. They all toggle between OFF and IDLE.

Setting my HOTAS that way is impossible.

Thanks for your feedback, see my answer above, we'll fix it.

• Thanks 2

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

On 1/23/2022 at 11:17 AM, Arink429 said:

In the EB you cannot fly around with full throttle.

image.png

Yes, the engine temperature is always within limits.

I made some more flight tests and I think this is a weather related issue. As said before the flight was created under cold weather ops (January, Caucasus (Vaziani), low clouds and low visibility, 5ºC OAT, with (curiously) both rain and snow falling on the platform. If the pitot heat connection is delayed a few minutes, the indicated airspeed will be blocked during take off run, reading zero kt. And if the engine anti ice is disconnected when out of clouds, after 10 minutes the COMPUT caution message will be shown. So for the moment, the only way to avoid this is connecting immediately after the engine startup, both engine anti ice and pitot heat, and keeping engine anti ice connected during all the flight event flying in clear air (out of clouds). I tried increasing the OAT from 5 to 10ºC and had the same problem. The maximum temp allowed for this map in January and February in Vaziani is 10.4ºC, so in order to get these failures it is necessary to create a mission under these conditions. Thank you.

Edited by Arink429
  • Like 3

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

On 1/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, Arink429 said:

Yes, the engine temperature is always within limits.

I made some more flight tests and I think this is a weather related issue. As said before the flight was created under cold weather ops (January, Caucasus (Vaziani), low clouds and low visibility, 5ºC OAT, with (curiously) both rain and snow falling on the platform. If the pitot heat connection is delayed a few minutes, the indicated airspeed will be blocked during take off run, reading zero kt. And if the engine anti ice is disconnected when out of clouds, after 10 minutes the COMPUT caution message will be shown. So for the moment, the only way to avoid this is connecting immediately after the engine startup, both engine anti ice and pitot heat, and keeping engine anti ice connected during all the flight event flying in clear air (out of clouds). I tried increasing the OAT from 5 to 10ºC and had the same problem. The maximum temp allowed for this map in January and February in Vaziani is 10.4ºC, so in order to get these failures it is necessary to create a mission under these conditions. Thank you.

HI.

NIce comment, thanks. Will try again and see if I don't bust my plane!

Saludos.

Saca111

On 1/24/2022 at 9:25 AM, MAXsenna said:

In the EB you cannot fly around with full throttle.

While I knew that full throttle for 5 minutes can result in an engine fire,  I guess I had forgotten the 30 minute limitation.  I have flown around for well over an hour at 830 degrees.  I assume that means while it will not result in a fire, the crew chief is not going to be happy with me.  Thanks for the reminder 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andurula said:

While I knew that full throttle for 5 minutes can result in an engine fire,  I guess I had forgotten the 30 minute limitation.  I have flown around for well over an hour at 830 degrees.  I assume that means while it will not result in a fire, the crew chief is not going to be happy with me.  Thanks for the reminder 🙂

Not quite like that. If after about 30 min, maybe 35 min at 830°C you increase power above 832, it results in an engine fire. So the MCT limit is in fact implemented.

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In stormy weather the C-101 anti-ice system is not able to cope with the ice accretion, so anti-ice has to be connected right away because the rate of "de-icing" of the anti-ice system is lower than the rate of ice accretion.

It is implemented as if you were inside a storm cell, so if you set stormy weather in the ME it is considered that you are inside a storm cell anytime in the mission. Unfortunately DCS weather system does not distinguish if you are inside moisture or in clear air, perhaps it will be improved in the future.

Edited by Vibora
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

En 23/1/2022 a las 11:17, Arink429 dijo:

Hi.

Muchas gracias.

Antonio.

Hi there. 
I have exactly the same issues, all of them, so you are not alone in the darkness. 
Nice module, but apparently still with some details that need to be nailed. 
Thanks. 

• Like 1

Muy buena aportación Arink es importante saber qué hacer cuando salen estos errores en vuelo. Y sobre todo la forma de solucionarlos. ;P

That´s a very good contribution Arink, It´s importante to know what to do when these errors apperar in flight, and how to solve them.

Saludos!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Seems the throttle detent thingy is still present. Just bought this bird and realized, the Idle/off detent is still working inverted.

As a workaround, i just click the detent with the mouse once i´m in the cockpit, after this the HOTAS throttle detent works fine.

Is there still work to fix this bug or am i just stupid ?

Edited by Jel
  • Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering the same thing as @Jel. I just got a Honeycomb Bravo and the C-101EB IDLE/STOP (2 pos switch) binding is inverted and the other three commands all behave the same (as toggles). Otherwise, I could fix the inversion with Joystick_Gremlin (as inverting the values in the default.lua script doesn't seem to work), as I have with other aircraft.

• 3 months later...

I have the same batteries failure. While flying in multicrew at aprox. 250 IAS at 15000ft the batteries quits after aprox. 30 Minutes. 

My buddy and I also discovered a wierd "antialising" bug when using the flashlight at the canopyframe

And also some of the console and instrumentlights are in spanish while the daylight text is in english (for example FIRE and FUERO (at night). I with thatswhy the flightdirector at the rear cokcpit looks quite wierdnull

image.jpeg

Screen_230227_210753.jpg

Screen_230227_203714.jpg