Who is Running Win11 . ? And thoughts with DCS .

KoN

Just a question really whom is running win11 can you see any improvement's over win10 . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

i believe general consensus is there is no degradation of performance over all and some find better performance. lots of previous posts to review.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/275446-windows-11-compatibility/

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/286793-dcs-windows-11/

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I saw a major reduction in stutters when upgrading to windows 11. Now steam VR crashes from time to time but I'll take that over the stutters I was getting any day.

I9-9900KS OC 5.2, Asus Maximus XI Hero, MSI RTX 4090 , EVGA 1200W P2 power supply, 2TB M.2 SSD, 64GB ram@3200mhz, Corsair H115i Pro AIO, Samsung Odyssey+, Reverb G2, Quest 3(new)

• 2 weeks later...

Clean install for me . Runs very well , Not yet setup VR Quest2 . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 months later...

Very happy with Win11 .

• Like 1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 7 months later...

Excellent Thread.
This is the information I wanted to see. A consensus in this case in favor of Win11 (fresh install).
This is great news because I'm going to Click "PAY" on a pile of components to build a new PC and was having great difficulty trying to decide whether to stick with Win10 or bite the bullet and install Win11.
I'd hate to miss out on potential future Video Enhancements that are only available with Win11 especially when the video card is by far the biggest expense of this new PC build. But it's all got to work. As long as it looks, feels and works like Win10 (and Win7) I'll be happy with it. Of course, I'll want all my stuff to work well there's never any guarantees of that.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Running W11 since I purchased a 13900KF. My only issues with W11 are user experience based issues such as the right-click context menu being behind another menu. It's just not a very user friendly operating system compared to Windows 7 and 10.

Gaming wise, no complaints - performance is fine and I haven't noticed a degradation.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:18 AM, TAW_Impalor said:

You will see better performance if you fresh install W11 and clean it up from bloatware. Don't go the upgrade path. 

I went with a clean install about 10 months ago or so and I couldn't run VR anymore. WMR wouldn't install properly. I went through the MS forums and found a buried topic about Win11 having some problem with it -- the recommended solution that also worked for me was installing Win10 and then upgrading to 11. WMR magically worked fine after that. I had other issues though, some DCS VR performance related (stutters) and went back to 10 where it worked better. 

I'm still holding off the upgrade since then.

TLDR: if you run DCS in VR with WMR headset like G2 - beware. Maybe they fixed it by now, though. Hopefully. If not, Win10 and in-place upgrade to 11 may be the better way. Or just holding on 10 for now.

Edited by Xupicor
  • Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)