F-16EX

Cerulean

A bit soon, they have been sending them only since January 20., and the only ones that received them live very close by, and have not had the time to write a review.

There were units sent for Youtube reviews, but I don't believe they will be online very soon, reviewers usually take their time. With Taurus / Super Libra they were sent so far ahead of release they made a lot of changes and improvements, so the reviewers basically reviewed the prototype units which were not really reflective of experience people ordering production units had. They didn't make the same mistake with Hornet Orion and now with F-16.

Also, 5-way button and axis add-on on the left can be removed to use the stick as F-16 replica.

F16_grip_4.png

Edited by Bwaze

9 minutes ago, Bwaze said:

A bit soon, they have been sending them only since January 20., and the only ones that received them live very close by, and have not had the time to write a review.

F16_grip_4.png

That explains why I can't find any info on it.  But people seem generally happy with Winwing, and it is amazingly in stock. I think I am going to go for it.  I really love my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, but that bloody bizarre cell phone mouse button they use for a ministick is absurd and nearly useless.  I know I could upgrade it, but the exchange rate nearly doubles the cost of the Deltasim mod.  After S&H, that little mod is 2/3 the price of F-16EX stick.  Besides, I have read the Winwing base is far superior to the Warthog base.  And it's 47% off on their store right now!

While a lot of people seem to love the Orion throttle, I don't care for it. Just a personal preference (I find buttons and switches behind the throttle nearly useless).  But I am otherwise very happy with the TM Warthog throttle, and I prefer the F-16 style of stick to the F-18.  The big, hefty switches look awesome on the stick, and it would finally give enough extra buttons to handle coms to Discord, Vaicom and Simple Radio, plus a mini-stick, plus a lever access, plus a progressive button arm!  Looks awesome! I'll be doing a review too on the channel I have just started.  I also prefer a stick because I really need momentary switches and buttons as I do space sims, too.

Edited by Cerulean

I have the winwing F18 stick on an extender and center placed. But I don't fly the F18, I do fly the F16 quite a lot. But I have the stick center placed on an extender,  so  not a realistic setup for an F16 anyway. As center stick is much better for like 95% of planes have center stick. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Just got mine and haven't had much time to properly test it, but what I notices, coming from a TM Warthog Stick, the CMS Button is not raised as much as on the TM Stick, so my Thump has just a little trouble triggering the CMS Right Button, but I guess that's something I'll get used to. Another thing is that when the Sidebuttons-thingy is attached to the Grip, the lower mini Stick gets in the way when reaching down from the Pickle Button to the CMS Switch, but again... something one should get used to over time.

Concerning the mini Stick on the left side of the Grip, it seems to be pretty precise, though for me at least the Button press only gets triggered, when the mini Stick is centered, any deflection from center, will result in me not being able to depress it, otherwise it's a nice Grip overall so far.

After a week of flying with the F-16EX stick on my Orion base (+ F18 throttle grips), I am very pleased by the overall quality. 

More buttons, which seem well made. I also prefer the trigger of the F16EX over the F18 stick.

Stick movement is accurate, using the same base with its nice mechanism. 

It takes a few days of practice to adapt to the new placements for my fingers, but so far so good !

However, I am not able to activate the vibration motor inside the F16EX stick. 

In DCS options, Force feedback enable or disable doesnt change anything.

In SimAppPro (1.7.0), I downloaded the Winwing profile for the vibration engine, and it's running. But no vibration.

Anyone else able to make it work in DCS ?

I wonder if I forgot a setting, or if I need a 3rd party software. Or it may not be supported in DCS yet.

AMD Ryzen 5800x3D, MB Asus Dark Hero, 64GB DDR4 PC3200, Nvidia RTX 4090 Asus, SSD NVMe 2TB WD SN850, Varjo Aero, Winwing Orion 2, Windows 10

LOMAC survivor

18 hours ago, krostar said:

After a week of flying with the F-16EX stick on my Orion base (+ F18 throttle grips), I am very pleased by the overall quality. 

More buttons, which seem well made. I also prefer the trigger of the F16EX over the F18 stick.

Stick movement is accurate, using the same base with its nice mechanism. 

It takes a few days of practice to adapt to the new placements for my fingers, but so far so good !

However, I am not able to activate the vibration motor inside the F16EX stick. 

In DCS options, Force feedback enable or disable doesnt change anything.

In SimAppPro (1.7.0), I downloaded the Winwing profile for the vibration engine, and it's running. But no vibration.

Anyone else able to make it work in DCS ?

I wonder if I forgot a setting, or if I need a 3rd party software. Or it may not be supported in DCS yet.

This is what I am interested in the Rumble feedback as you have just found out that it is not an actaul Force Feed Back but  Rumble Feedback.

Anyone got theirs going yet , any good?

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Redkite shows how to enable the haptic feedback here.....

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

41 minutes ago, MustangSally said:

Redkite shows how to enable the haptic feedback here.....

Yeah watched it today. So thought i would post and ask.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

I have the same settings as RedKite in SimAppPro, but I can't feel any vibration.

I'll let you know when I find out.

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 5800x3D, MB Asus Dark Hero, 64GB DDR4 PC3200, Nvidia RTX 4090 Asus, SSD NVMe 2TB WD SN850, Varjo Aero, Winwing Orion 2, Windows 10

LOMAC survivor

18 hours ago, krostar said:

I have the same settings as RedKite in SimAppPro, but I can't feel any vibration.

I'll let you know when I find out.

Appriciate it

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 4:19 PM, rcoplien said:

So far so good.  I got the Throttle finally put together (Wish they would have put it all together for you before hand).  Here are a few vids I did so far.  I will do one with the stick later this week.

What is your impression of the gimbal?

Problem is solved for my case.
The motor engine is in the extension of the mini joystick.
Vibration setting set as Default mode, in SimAppPro.

Edited by krostar

LOMAC survivor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

You need to go to "Dynamic vibration motor" tab > then "settings" below picture of device > and choose ADAVNCED

After that all you need is to pick for what module you want to search for profiles, if there is one - download it and when it will be visible on left side under "local file", click RUN button on it.

Kowalsky

- "Fox 3" means that you have commitment issues

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 8:41 AM, Bazz_Mulder said:

You need to go to "Dynamic vibration motor" tab > then "settings" below picture of device > and choose ADAVNCED

After that all you need is to pick for what module you want to search for profiles, if there is one - download it and when it will be visible on left side under "local file", click RUN button on it.

This still doesnt work for me. I am currently in contact with the WinWing Customer Support Staff but they arent really a help either. Is there something in DCS that I need to do?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tallman said:

This still doesnt work for me. I am currently in contact with the WinWing Customer Support Staff but they arent really a help either. Is there something in DCS that I need to do?

Check to see if the export luas are in place so DCS can pump out the data to Simapp Pro. You can check this by going to /<USER>/Saved Games/<DCS_INSTALL>/Scripts and ensure `Export.lua` has some Winwing lines and there is a wwt folder with some more luas. If these are missing or in the wrong directory then DCS can not send game data to Simapp Pro. 

There is also a button in SimappPro labelled `Repair Lua`, also there is a DCS World Configuration box in settings, ensure that is set to the Saved Games folder for DCS. 

Edited by prestonflying

• 1 month later...

Latest SimappPro got it working for me, along with revisiting the repairing of the luas as described and discussed by (thanks much! and ~S) prestonflying. 😄

MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge ACMSI RTX4090 Gaming X Trio 24G OCIntel I9-9900K32GB DDR4 Kingston Hyper X + Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WinWing Orion 2 F-16EX Viper Joystick + WinWing Orion 2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle with Finger Lifts + MFG Crosswind Pedals + Pico 4 + HP Reverb G2 + Track IR5 Tobii Eye Tracker 5 + LG 34GN850-B Monitor