VR and trackIR icons next to player-names in MP score chart

D4n

D4n, but I can't see that this would benefit anybody. I just don't see the point. What about those that use neither because we have a full "sphere" cockpits with projectors or screens? 

Will part 2 be about what HOTAS we use? Or other peripherals?

I wish I could rate this topic with zero stars. But I can't go lower than 1. 😉

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 6:50 AM, Tippis said:

Coincidentally, players without headtracking have access to a feature that provides even better tracking and even more “unrealistic head movement” than TIR or VR can offer.

What? Heck no! The super cheaty padlock function is disabled on PvP servers...

On 8/14/2022 at 6:50 AM, Tippis said:

Being able to see if a player consistently gets thrown out of other servers seems to be entirely in line with that kind of idea.

What are you talking about? How should player A on server A be able to see if player B on server B was thrown out of server B? 😂 wtf??

On 8/14/2022 at 2:17 PM, MAXsenna said:

What about those that use neither because we have a full "sphere" cockpits with projectors or screens? 

Well even those players need some headtracker for DCS to track where they are looking at. And I doubt Track IR can be set to 1:1 axis translation (90° of head turn = 90° ingame e.g.)

And no, themastro, how the heck would some scorechart icons turn DCS into Ace Combat? wtf? (And Ace Combat aint even that bad!!! Insane graphics & effects! Only problem is the Stonehenge mission being way too hard on highest difficulty. Gotta spend tens of hours now to unlock F-22 😂 Wtf Bandai Namco...)

On 8/15/2022 at 7:59 AM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

I pounded 4 of these before my last match

"match" ? A drunk competitive squadron vs squadron match with signups? Wow 😆

I would like to to be able to have users vote to have users banned.

I'd like to have users vote for a selection of ED staff that then appoints a bunch of DCS players as server-admins on any PvP server! 😃 That'd drastically improve the PvP community, and we'd be back at such a friendly community state as back in 2012 in a matter of no time 🥳

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

2 hours ago, D4n said:

Well even those players need some headtracker for DCS to track where they are looking at. And I doubt Track IR can be set to 1:1 axis translation (90° of head turn = 90° ingame e.g.)

Huh? What you mean? If you have a full sphere screen around you, you don't need a headtracker. That's the point. 😉

In case its not clear already... D4n is a known troll that has been kicked off servers for alt account abuse, and makes bug reports every time hes shot down, blaming it on broken IRCM, OP missiles, w/e. Hes just interested in finding an excuse for why he got shot down, and blame it on TIR. You will not reason with him.

• Like 4

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

6 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Huh? What you mean? If you have a full sphere screen around you, you don't need a headtracker. That's the point. 😉

Well you do for aiming AIM-9X, R-73 with HMD mode, as far as I know

4 hours ago, dundun92 said:

kicked off servers for alt account abuse

1. only one single server, no more 2. calling it "abuse" is also very very wrong. (I instantly had openly stated in the server's discord to all players that I switched to other team with another account due to a big hostility misunderstanding regarding a DCS squadron. There still is proof in the discord afaik. This incident also is over 1,5 years ago now.)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

14 hours ago, D4n said:

What? Heck no! The super cheaty padlock function is disabled on PvP servers...

Heck yes. If your problem is self-inflicted,, then you can self-uninflict it without issue.

14 hours ago, D4n said:

What are you talking about? How should player A on server A be able to see if player B on server B was thrown out of server B? 😂 wtf??

I'm talking about his very sensible suggestion. Having servers report back bans to a central repository is trivial Pulling that data out with the user info is equally trivial. The only question is what's the best presentation from a UI perspective, but a simple hover list would work.

14 hours ago, D4n said:

And I doubt Track IR can be set to 1:1 axis translation (90° of head turn = 90° ingame e.g.)

It can. Is the problem here that you don't use the tools at your disposal and are upset that others do so you want to nerf them rather than fix yourself?

14 hours ago, D4n said:

And no, themastro, how the heck would some scorechart icons turn DCS into Ace Combat?

That's not what he said, now was it?

14 hours ago, D4n said:

I'd like to have users vote for a selection of ED staff that then appoints a bunch of DCS players as server-admins on any PvP server! 😃 That'd drastically improve the PvP community

Not only would that turn the “PvP community” into something far worse — a political squabble — but what you're asking for makes no sense. ED has no — and cannot possibly have any — control over how players run their servers. Unless you're suggesting that ED kill off the entire MP scene, and PvP in particular since it's such a vanishingly small segment of a very tiny niche as to be wholly irrelevant to everything and everyone, and making it so all servers are effectively ED-run (which coincidentally means someone with your history will not be able to play on them), your idea is as unfeasible as counterproductive.

5 hours ago, D4n said:

Like with the TIR example above, you should probably not rely on your own assumptions so much and instead try to actually use the kit you're commenting on…

Edited by Tippis
  • Thanks 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

9 hours ago, D4n said:

ED staff that then appoints a bunch of DCS players as server-admins on any PvP server!

Say what? My server, my rules. I’m not running a server to have someone else tell me how or what to play. Who would ever consent to that? 

Are you even running a server? If not, I suggest you stay off the lawn telling people how to run them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, D4n said:

In how many modules do you need that for really?

And like Tippis said, it sort of can be done, if ED were ever to de-couple the HMDs from the "main display". I'm confident we'll eventually see this. 😊 

12 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Say what? My server, my rules. I’m not running a server to have someone else tell me how or what to play. Who would ever consent to that? 

Are you even running a server? If not, I suggest you stay off the lawn telling people how to run them.

True! Nobody wants that. 

I just don't understand why he doesn't just start up his own server. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

On 8/14/2022 at 1:19 PM, cfrag said:

Prove that Track IR does provide an unfair advantage: that the same pilot with TIR performs markedly better than without

Not even necessarily the same one imo, it would probably suffice if on average TIR pilots perform better than no TIR-pilots

1 hour ago, D4n said:

Not even necessarily the same one imo, it would probably suffice if on average TIR pilots perform better than no TIR-pilots

Well it’s pretty obvious that head tracking is an advantage. You don’t need icons to tell you that. But it’s an advantage anyone can easily acquire. I would guess that the vast majority of players who are avid enough to play PvP MP have head tracking or VR. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 8/20/2022 at 8:05 PM, SharpeXB said:

I would guess that the vast majority of players who are avid enough to play PvP MP have head tracking or VR.

And here we're back at the topic, let's stop guessing and instead start measuring  finally. So many players can improve their DCS skill when they finally know if a player managed to shoot them because of pure luck or  some other factor, or due to head-tracking advantage.

56 minutes ago, D4n said:

So many players can improve their DCS skill when they finally know if a player managed to shoot them because of pure luck or  some other factor

Please elaborate how you can improve your skill when someone beats you with superior skill thanks to some assumed advantage versus someone with simply superior skill? Methinks that’s a complete non-sequitur. There is no magic new lesson to be learned based on what hardware your opponent is using. If there was, we’d all have special training sessions by now. Let it go. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, D4n said:

And here we're back at the topic, let's stop guessing and instead start measuring  finally.

Why do you need to know this so badly? Besides if you could see this stat it would show you that 99% of the players are using head tracking or VR, both the good and not-so-good. 

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

21 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

it would show you that 99% of the players are using head tracking or VR, both the good and not-so-good. 

Are you kidding? Where do you even get that estimate from?

Wait, that would mean that my thumb-chinahat-joystick skill (to pan the cockpit view) is even more impressive than I thought!! 😂 heck yeah!

Edited by D4n

15 minutes ago, D4n said:

Are you kidding? Where do you even get that estimate from?

That’s just a guess but head tracking is a very good thing. I’m sure the vast majority of monitor players use it. Especially since it’s possible to make free DIY setups there’s very little reason not to. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

That’s just a guess but head tracking is a very good thing.

No it's not! It's an awfully cheaty cheeky unrealistic thing!

Edited by D4n

6 minutes ago, D4n said:

No it's not! It's an awfully cheaty cheeky unrealistic thing!

No, using a 4-way hat switch to look around is realistic 🤦‍♂️

Seriously D4n, know when to stop.. You're an embarrassment for that roundel you use as avatar....

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 1/25/2022 at 9:48 AM, cfrag said:

Good tools don't make a good artist, they can merely enhance existing skill.

+1 Fully agree, and almost the same can be applied to the specific airframe that a player is using .. an F-16 won't save a green pilot from getting beat by a modest Mig-29 piloted by the Kiev Ghost.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It might be interesting to track this data out of pure curiosity, but TrackIR won't help you if you can't turn your plane. In fact, I'd expect VR to be superior due to the fact you can see slight changes in the bandit's orientation much better (there were some hacks to artificially scale up aircraft to give pancake users that info), which can be used as cues. If you lose fights because you lose tally, you have bigger problems than your screen.

• Like 1