Can this be flown with Thrustmaster hotas X

Aries101

Hello.

As title says. I am planning (or thinking) to get JF-17 but I only use Thrustmaster Hotas X joystick which is not great with amount of buttons and only one hat. So Can this plane be flown with this only? usualy on my M2000C I use two modifiers, one on stick and one on throttle. I also got Logitech throttle quadrant for some 6 non essential buttons.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:22 AM, Aries101 said:

Hello.

As title says. I am planning (or thinking) to get JF-17 but I only use Thrustmaster Hotas X joystick which is not great with amount of buttons and only one hat. So Can this plane be flown with this only? usualy on my M2000C I use two modifiers, one on stick and one on throttle. I also got Logitech throttle quadrant for some 6 non essential buttons.

You can have a look at the mapping here for ideas.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

Actually it is pretty easy for JF-17 to map basics. I will add JOY_BTN(X) for reference. I made those binds trying to keep it somewhat close to original.

Stick: gun (1), weapon release (2), change weapons (4), change/unselect station (3) + trim 

Throttle: COMM1 (5), COMM2 (6), IFF interrogate (7), speed brake toggle (8), countermeasure dispense (9), AG manual mode (10)

Base: flaps toggle (11), gear toggle (12)

6 minutes ago, Aries101 said:

That sounds simple enough.

I guess rest of stuff can be set on MFCD's and panels?

Hmm, Mayne I did overcomplicated my setup then xd.

I think you should bind AA/NAV/AG mode selector in some handy spot, as well as SOI selector and TDC movement/lock for sure - I use an old joystick for that. Stock jammer bind is good, as well as drag shute (those you will be doing frequently, but those are ok to not have on HOTAS). Rest isn't really that much of a priority. Keybinds or MFCD's will do.

Also, in MP, my SRS is set up with PTT on COMM1 and next station cycle on COMM2.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:22 PM, Aries101 said:

Hello.

It can be flown, I fly with it!

1 hour ago, Aries101 said:

Thank you for tip, but I did already bought JF-17 and I love it. SO far I figured pout I can click most non essential stuff on MFCD's so you realy do not need much more buttons than any other plane out there.

To fully enjoy the Jeff, I recommend you some nice curves, like 45/50, this is to have some precise lower inputs.

Have fun! Is one of the best without doubt, nice purchase!