Speeding up while climbing

deeleyer

Last day on Reflected Server, I realize that about 4-5k meters, if I go hard climbing with normal motor settings (no MW50), the plane start gaining speed like crazy, while climbing at angles about 45-50º. Is that normal? I have no track, but I can try again tonight. Anyone has experimented this?

14 hours ago, grafspee said:

It didn't happen to me, but my advice is to turn pitot heat on 🙂

Mmm, maybe you are right, but usually I hit all the circuit breakers on ground...

The fact is that it was not only the speedmeter, also the altimeter said I was climbing at crazy rate (and the bomber formation I was approaching went from higher to lower than me in no time).

Anyway, something curious and nothing more 😅

Edited by deeleyer

• ED Team
9 hours ago, deeleyer said:

Mmm, maybe you are right, but usually I hit all the circuit breakers on ground...

The fact is that it was not only the speedmeter, also the altimeter said I was climbing at crazy rate (and the bomber formation I was approaching went from higher to lower than me in no time).

Anyway, something curious and nothing more 😅

Use status bar to check your instruments reading...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me