MFD rendering tech question

Gamja Field

Will F-15E have the similar MFD rendering quality such as Hornet or Viper?

If you look at RAZBAM's last attempt to bring MFD in DCS(AV-8B), it's not a secret that it looks quite outdated compare to Hornet or Viper.

I run DCS at 1440p resolution, and I have zero issue reading texts on Hornet's DDI. No shimmering and sharp text.

In contrast, Harrier's MFD render quality is not as good, especially in higher resolution and VR. At default zoom level the text is blurry and you can clearly see black outlines when drawn over HSI map underlay. Not to mention the amount of shimmering and lack of anti-aliasing. 
And this issue is still under investigation AFAIK.

Now, I'm pretty sure that we're going to spend more time looking at those screens in F-15E..

I hope RAZBAM to deliver better end product... 🙂

Edited by Gamja Field

I’m guessing you mean F-15E? 

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

15 hours ago, Gamja Field said:

Will F-15E have the similar MFD rendering quality such as Hornet or Viper?

If you look at RAZBAM's last attempt to bring MFD in DCS(AV-8B), it's not a secret that it looks quite outdated compare to Hornet or Viper.

I run DCS at 1440p resolution, and I have zero issue reading texts on Hornet's DDI. No shimmering and sharp text.

In contrast, Harrier's MFD render quality is not as good, especially in higher resolution and VR. At default zoom level the text is blurry and you can clearly see black outlines when drawn over HSI map underlay. Not to mention the amount of shimmering and lack of anti-aliasing. 
And this issue is still under investigation AFAIK.

Now, I'm pretty sure that we're going to spend more time looking at those screens in F-15E..

I hope RAZBAM to deliver better end product... 🙂

I have not experienced any of this

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The last pic added show crystal clear LMFD in F-15E. For the sake of perfection, the clarity is too perfect for CRT tech from these days (if those are really good ol' CRTs) as pixel density should be far less IRL for Suite4 bird. In short, looks great.

In the same time, on same pic, I can't miss how textures of cockpit mesh feel low and jaggy, hopefully that was put there intentionally, not to spoil the final look&feel they keep for launch.

Edited by Njinsa
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Njinsa said:

In the same time, on same pic, I can't miss how textures of cockpit mesh feel low and jaggy, hopefully that was put there intentionally, not to spoil the final look&feel they keep for launch.

Don't worry, That is just the dev running the texture settings on low rather then high, probably for performance. Take a look at the previous screens and you can see the normal high resolution textures.

3F50C6AE-152B-4BEA-89A0-C95D60B6CEB3.png

• Like 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

12 hours ago, FoxOne007 said:

I have not experienced any of this

That is good for you.

Here's one for comparison. Both fully zoomed out btw. (I might be harsh on this one because Harrier's display and font is slightly smaller, but you get the idea.)

comp.jpg

This time both at default zoom level, (I zoomed out Hornet a little bit to match the scale)

comp2.jpg

Edited by Gamja Field
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gamja Field said:

That is good for you.

Here's one for comparison. Both fully zoomed out btw. (I might be harsh on this one because Harrier's display and font is slightly smaller, but you get the idea.)

comp.jpg

This time both at default zoom level, (I zoomed out Hornet a little bit to match the scale)

comp2.jpg

I’ll have to agree with you, the Harrier screen is more readable on the second set of screenshots

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/25/2022 at 7:53 PM, Njinsa said:

The last pic added show crystal clear LMFD in F-15E. For the sake of perfection, the clarity is too perfect for CRT tech from these days (if those are really good ol' CRTs) as pixel density should be far less IRL for Suite4 bird. In short, looks great.

OLzZzsb.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD