I NEED HELP ABOUT Vaicom pro NO WORKS

mosqui

Good morning and I would appreciate help to solve a problem with vaicompro. I can't get it to work well since it doesn't detect any installation of DCS World on my computer and I can't make it see it using the page of the plugin Configuration of the path where DCS is installed manually .I have the latest version of VOICEATTACK, the latest version of Vaicon pro for DCS World and the stable version of DCS WORLD. Before it worked perfectly for me. Any help will be welcome

tHANKS 

vaicom.JPG

CONFIG PAGE.JPG

4 hours ago, mosqui said:

Good morning and I would appreciate help to solve a problem with vaicompro. I can't get it to work well since it doesn't detect any installation of DCS World on my computer and I can't make it see it using the page of the plugin Configuration of the path where DCS is installed manually .I have the latest version of VOICEATTACK, the latest version of Vaicon pro for DCS World and the stable version of DCS WORLD. Before it worked perfectly for me. Any help will be welcome

tHANKS 

vaicom.JPG

CONFIG PAGE.JPG

Turn on Debug mode first. 

And you are running Standalone/Release, right? 

Debug mode below:

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.26.4 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5
   Using Registry entry for 2.5
   Install path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = F:\Saved Gamesprueba\DCS
Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5
No se puede encontrar una parte de la ruta de acceso 'F:\Saved Gamesprueba\DCS\Scripts'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)
DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.
DCS World version STEAM not found.
No DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine.
Use the plugin Configuration page to set a custom DCS install path.
Checking VA profile.
Initializing database tables...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.
Captura.thumb.JPG.93a7b576ab006a40d13314

2 minutes ago, mosqui said:

Debug mode below:

VAICOM PRO logfile
Plugin version 2.5.26.4 (release)
License: PRO
Executing automatic lua code installation.
DCS World installation found: version 2.5
   Using Registry entry for 2.5
   Install path = C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World
   Saved Games folder = F:\Saved Gamesprueba\DCS
Auto-install could not complete for DCS version 2.5
No se puede encontrar una parte de la ruta de acceso 'F:\Saved Gamesprueba\DCS\Scripts'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en VAICOM.FileManager.FileHandler.Lua.LuaFiles_Install(Boolean restore, Boolean forcequiet)
DCS World version 2.5 OpenBeta not found.
DCS World version STEAM not found.
No DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine.
Use the plugin Configuration page to set a custom DCS install path.
Checking VA profile.
Initializing database tables...
Done.
Loading keywords database...
Writing updates.
Success.
Loading F10 menu items...
Success.
Updating aliases..
Done.
Adding 0 imported ATC aliases.
Adding 0 imported menu commands.
Building master keywords table...
Success.
Building kneeboard tables...
Success.
Building master labels table...
Success.
No new DCS modules to import.
Startup finished.
Ready for commands.
Captura.thumb.JPG.93a7b576ab006a40d13314

Right. Can't remember from the top of my head how to solve that one. Must think a little. 

Here is the issue. 

'F:\Saved Gamesprueba\DCS\Scripts'. 

Somethings up with this folder. Somehow it can't read it. Do you have accents in your username or something? 

Indeed, if I connect an old removable disk with that  path, it works. I have recently changed my hard disk and since then I have this problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DCS, voiceattack and vaicompro several times without success.I have not accents in my username

5 hours ago, mosqui said:

Indeed, if I connect an old removable disk with that  path, it works. I have recently changed my hard disk and since then I have this problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DCS, voiceattack and vaicompro several times without success.I have not accents in my username

Right, couple of tips for the future. Re-installations of programs like these seldom works. In the past re-installations had some merit. But DCS can fully be repaired. VAICOM keeps it's Config contained, and have tools included for repairs. VoiceAttack have auto backup with 10 iterations. So never waste you're time anymore. 

You're issue is Windows, well not Windows in itself, but if I understand you correctly, you have manually moved your Saved Games in the past, to that external drive. Plugin the drive and move Saved Games back to default, or another place. 

Case closed I'll assume. 😊 

Edited by MAXsenna
spelling and grammar

10 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

You're issue is Windows, well not Windows in itself, but if I understand you correctly, you have manually moved your Saved Games in the past, to that external drive. Plugin the drive and move Saved Games back to default, or another place. 

For future reference Saved Games is a system folder. DCS and Vaicom find it using a Windows registry key. If you move the physical folder without adjusting the registry it will appear lost to DCS and VAICOM.

The safe way to move it is to go into your profile where you will see the Saved Games icon. Right click on that and select Properties. There will be a "Location" tab. It will show you where Windows thinks the Saved Games folder is. If it is pointing to the wrong place, use the "Find Target" button to reset it to the correct location. Or if it is pointing to the right location but you want to move it somewhere else, use the "Move" button. Simply moving the folder using ordinary Windows move methods does not work! That does not fix the Windows registry key to point to the new location.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Good afternoon Max and Sthopson, thank you very much for your invaluable help, I have done what you have indicated and now everything works perfectly. I repeat thank you very much because I have spent many hours fighting with the Vaicom installation without success until you have told me what I should do. Very grateful and regards

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem, although the drive with voiceattack was my windows drive which was destroyed. installed a new drive and d/l voiceattack and viacom and now, 2:30:23.830 No DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine. I have tried resetting multiple times. and also the choices i checkmark in the options page (i.e., set custom path) always gets reset no matter how many times i see that the registry was changed message...

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 8:40 AM, Seance12 said:

I am having the same problem, although the drive with voiceattack was my windows drive which was destroyed. installed a new drive and d/l voiceattack and viacom and now, 2:30:23.830 No DCS World installation was automatically detected on this machine. I have tried resetting multiple times. and also the choices i checkmark in the options page (i.e., set custom path) always gets reset no matter how many times i see that the registry was changed message...

Can you post your VAICOM settings?