What is the status of the bug with ME placeable NDBs (non directional beacons) not working on the Persian Gulf map?

I can remember the issue being reported 2 years ago, yet to this day none of them seem to work for anyone (both ARC and TACAN, latest personal tests with ARC in multiplayer with correctly placed and "working" beacons which no module can pick up).

And does this have to do with the general map bug of fixed location beacons (NDBs) being coded in Hz instead of Mhz (typo-bug, as also present on Syria for a while, seemingly coming from and Eagle keylog being used as a baseline by Ugra Media)?

This bug is relevant as for any mission scenarios that are above the absolute lowest denominator being able to home in on a road base or FARP when other means are not available or in DRIFT can be quite relevant (especially when forced to use terrain masking).

Moreso since the PG map is quite empty and repetitive in many areas making terrestrial navigation especially at deck and even at angels an issue.

An earnest update - even if it reads "we had no time/no ressources for that" - would be appreciated to at least know what the status is. 

Hi. I'm not aware of a placeable NDB in DCS. Are you talking about airfield NDBs which come with terrains, or about the portable TACAN beacon below?

p-tacan.png

If you have a track showing the issue, please attach it.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

and example (just an example) via search function using the term "beacon":

And before a reply "this is a multiplayer bug" is typed - when reported as a systemic bug in scope it was feedbacked as "you have to report this for the map concerned", when reported for a(ny of the) map(s) concerned a feedback of "this has nothing do to with the map", when reported in mission editor the feedback was "it works" and when reported in non peer2peer "multiplayer"... nothing happens.. for years (naturally).

And as there is no proper bugtracking (and please do not even pretend there is one internally or semi-externally.. redunant insular open office files with arbitary structures are neglibile, as are forum threads) - this can very easily be in a merrygoround until forgotten due to lack of further reports simply being drowned by frustration.

But as - thankfully - the true Cold War era and maybe even earlier eras are finally seeing a more cohesive approach and fleshing out, this backlog item (and not only this one) should receive suitable attention, proactively.

This includes making the functionality available in theory a proper line-item functioning realiter with a proper label.. instead of a sort-of-but-not workaround that does not work for a basic fidelic issue (FARPs, FOBs, RoadBases, Hallmarks, shifting navigation setups aso aso aso).

Edited by rogorogo

Ah, I see. THIS bug. You had lost me for a moment, because people usually call it the "looped beacon" or "looped radio transmisison" bug, not the "placeable NDB" bug.

This issue is not being ignored, at all, but it needs some more work. A little bit more patience, please.

51 minutes ago, rogorogo said:

And as there is no proper bugtracking (and please do not even pretend there is one internally or semi-externally.. redunant insular open office files with arbitary structures are neglibile, as are forum threads) - this can very easily be in a merrygoround until forgotten due to lack of further reports simply being drowned by frustration.

🤣  I laughed.

Sorry, I must go now. My cat messed with my pile of Post-it Notes. They are everywhere.

-NOOOO, Simba! Don't you eat the looped beacon Note or I'll forget about this bug forever!

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

One shall never tease the wrath of Kommandant Kat.

When and if the dominant miltary superpower of the pan-asian sector once decides to come out of their contemplative state strolling the plains of not only around Ayers Rock the western hemispheres' clandestine dictators might consider an alliance of the master races.

And master races never take lightly to being taunted - and never take prisoners.

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

I laughed.

Sorry, I must go now. My cat messed with my pile of Post-it Notes. They are everywhere.

-NOOOO, Simba! Don't you eat the looped beacon Note or I'll forget about this bug forever!

That was a good one - and something I know too well as well 🙂

While mine likes to rip my notes apart though, she never has eaten one - so far ...

52d_Sig_Pic3.png

• ED Team

This has been reported already when we have a fix it will be mentioned in the change log.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2