So just got Supercarrier. Where is the deck crew?

DmitriKozlowsky

CVN-74 comes with DCS, free asset, in plans to be implemented as SC ship

CVN-71, 72, 73, 75 are currently SC ships with working animated crew

You can add new crew members to any ship (or airfield) as static objects. They will stay in place but still be animated (idle).

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

What about Kuz 2017 and LHA crew and meatball overlay? Now I wanna experiment with F/A-18C L20 with Kuz2017. Hornets with deck ramps. How titiliating! LHA also has approach and landing aid lights for Harriers. I spend 90% of my DCS time in AV-8B. Such a luscious module! Too bad that Navy does not deploy Harrier squadrons on CVNs. Harrier with CV-59 works quite well, just use normal fixed landing pattern, and land with 70 knot speed on the wires. Plenty of space and time to stop.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:39 PM, War_Pig said:

I am aware of those limited use and test deployments. I was lamenting lack of AV-8B deployment as normal organic part of CVN Air Wing . But my lament is balanced that, IMHO, Navy is correct in their practice. CVNs deploy fixed wing combat aircraft and large (for a shipborne) AWACS platforms. AV-8B is awesome, but it has diminished capability in many areas, vs F/A-18. Same for F-35B vs. F-35C. Hornet is faster, has longer range, higher T/O GW, air-air, and anti-surface, capability then Harrier II. An AV-8B taking up deck and hangar space in place of SuperHornet, is diminishing punching power of embarked air wing. Hornet requires CVN, while Harrier II does not. Same argument applies to F-35B and F-35C. AV-8B and F-35B can embark on smaller LHA, or RN CVA VTOL carriers. But later two vessels cannot launch and recover E-2. Not at current time anyway.