Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

1 minute ago, Whiskey11 said:

When has Heatblur ever released an aircraft which wasn't nearly feature complete?  The F-14 was missing some minor features, but was effectively feature complete on launch... so suffice to say, short of ED forcing an early launch of this, it'll be nearly complete on launch.  I'm fairly comfortable and making that assertion.

Dude the F14 still isn't complete. Lets not kid ourselves there never has been and never will be a full released module in DCS. There, now we can move on with realistic assumptions on what to expect. 

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 minutes ago, Whiskey11 said:

When has Heatblur ever released an aircraft which wasn't nearly feature complete?  The F-14 was missing some minor features, but was effectively feature complete on launch... so suffice to say, short of ED forcing an early launch of this, it'll be nearly complete on launch.  I'm fairly comfortable and making that assertion.

My post has nothing really to do with how it will release, if it will be early access, or what early access will mean in that context. My post was about clarifying (for the sake of getting ahead of inevitable rumors, wild conjecture, and feverish hype) if "2022" means some kind of module release or if it is just a placeholder date for a more fleshed out announcement with a lot more detail (in comparison to the teaser we got today). 

Edited by statrekmike

I'm so excited about this I can barely put it into words.  The fact that Heatblur is doing the F-4 is amazing.  While I'm sure that other developers could have pulled it off, HB has a proven track record of doing absolute justice to 60's and 70's aircraft.  The Viggen and F-14 are my favorite modules in DCS, and I can't wait to have the opportunity to sit in the virtual cockpit of the F-4.  I have no doubt that HB will depict the heart and soul of the Phantom in a way that only they could!  😄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, statrekmike said:

My post has nothing really to do with how it will release, if it will be early access, or what early access will mean in that context. My most was about clarifying (for the sake of getting ahead of inevitable rumors, wild conjecture, and feverish hype) if "2022" means some kind of module release or if it is just a placeholder date for a more fleshed out announcement with a lot more detail (in comparison to the teaser we got today).   

It says "Coming in 2022" in the video description, Heatblur's Trello has said they have an unannounced module coming in 2022, now this trailer... the F-4E is coming in 2022 as an EA module.

2 minutes ago, comie1 said:

Dude the F14 still isn't complete. Lets not kid ourselves there never has been and never will be a full released module in DCS. There, now we can move on with realistic assumptions on what to expect. 

"Nearly Feature Complete"  I know it's a hard thing to understand, but the F-14 launched in a Nearly Feature Complete state.  What has been added since, is, in the grand scheme of the complexity of that aircraft, been pretty minor.  TWS-Auto and Navgrid being the only features really missing at launch.  Contrast that with the F/A-18C or F-16 launch, or nearly any other module launched into EA and tell me how my statement is incorrect again.

• Like 5

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

Great news! I'm more excited for F-4 Phantom than anyother DCS module coming!

Cold War birds = the best atmosphere and the most exciting combat with short range, manual control and aiming.

Edited by bies
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Yeah, you could argue Jester AI and Phoenix being moved to the new API are also pretty big items. Most of the stuff that is or was missing are visual or assets (pilot models, Carriers, A-6E, engine instruments, IRIAF and Early A etc.)

They are, as are jamming effects on the radar, but these features doesn't mean you can't use the jet to it's capabilities in the way that the F-16 and F/A-18C launches didn't have certain features like the fricken AIM-120 at launch (looks at Hornet) or a functioning damage model (F-16).  The AIM-54 is perfectly serviceable in the current environment, and Jester was more than capable of the A2A role and most of the A2G stuff (sans LANTIRN) at launch.  But LANTIRN was there at launch for a Human RIO to use.

• Like 1

Too Many Modules to List

Any details what  F-4E block this will be?

Please pray let it be Block 53 with all the goodies in weapons, avionics, less-smokey engines and the slats from the Agile Eagle Program that improved maneuverability!!!

Salute!

Edited by ViFF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

1 minute ago, ViFF said:

Please pray let it be Block 53 with all the goodies in weapons, avionics, smokeless engines and the slats from the Agile Eagle Program that improved maneuverability!!!

Salute!

Just speculating here based upon the F-14 release, I'm guessing it'll be a late F-4E with the bells and whistles and an earlier E and other variants will come out later.

Too Many Modules to List

Wow!  This is awesome!  And even more exciting that it's coming from Heatblur!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

20 minutes ago, ViFF said:

Please pray let it be Block 53 with all the goodies in weapons, avionics, less-smokey engines and the slats from the Agile Eagle Program that improved maneuverability!!!

Salute!

Or Vietnam war early E with better acceleration and speed with unslatted wings.

Edited by bies

AWESOME , cannt wait to fly by this Legend in DCS 
HB is the best !

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam