Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

22 minutes ago, The_Chugster said:

I do hope the naval versions will include or lead to the UK versions.

As a brit I would love a full version of the F-4K/M

Or...how easy would it be to create variant mods based on these official modules?

It's simple, take the F-4J and reduce the thrust and make it smoke more

5 minutes ago, USSInchon said:

It's simple, take the F-4J and reduce the thrust and make it smoke more

Around 6000lb more thrust than the J, and generally less smoke.

J shines more at higher altitude. Much better suited to the higher areas.

• Like 2

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Just now, G.J.S said:

Around 6000lb more thrust than the J, and generally less smoke.

J shines more at higher altitude. Much better suited to the higher areas.

I thought the original lot of RN Phantoms had the RR engines that weren't quite a powerful as the GE engines.  The later lots the Brits got had the GEs 

11 minutes ago, USSInchon said:

I thought the original lot of RN Phantoms had the RR engines that weren't quite a powerful as the GE engines.  The later lots the Brits got had the GEs 

The only GE birds were the 15 J’s that were bought to bulk up the Air defence role, I believe they were “re-lifed” at NAS North Island in California.

All the actual RN/RAF birds were Speyed, over 20000lb installed per side, requiring the intake trunks to be widened. It’s to these - the FG1 & FGR2 - that I was referring to, on re reading my initial reply I didn’t make that clear, my apologies Sir.

Edited by G.J.S

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

4 minutes ago, jacobs said:

So what's DMAS/ARN-101?

DMAS- Digital Modular Avionics System. The ARN-101 is the Bombing/Navigation Computer.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Just now, G.J.S said:

The only GE birds were the 15 J’s that were bought to bulk up the Air defence role, I believe they were “re-lifed” at NAS North Island in California.

All the actual RN/RAF birds were Speyed, requiring the intake trunks to be widened. It’s to these - the FG1 & FGR2 - that I was referring to, on re reading my initial reply I didn’t make that clear, my apologies Sir.

No worries, I learn new stuff every day here.

2 minutes ago, hannibal said:

im more interested in the A6E than the F4.. 

if i can ask you, which will come first @Cobra847

F4 will come first, they've always said that the A-6 is the project that is the furthest out. Even before the F4 was announced we knew the unknown project as slated to come in 2022

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snakepit92 said:

F4 will come first, they've always said that the A-6 is the project that is the furthest out. Even before the F4 was announced we knew the unknown project as slated to come in 2022

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap

NP. i have much have the F14 tand AH64d to play with till then.. thanks

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

My level of excitment is off the charts. I was in disblief that as of 2022 we still do not have a full fidelity F-4 module. No more.

My only request to HB would be that we get our hands on the texture files a couple of weeks in advance of official release so we can start painting our skins and fly with them day one.

• Like 2