Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

1 hour ago, Manhorne said:

Well now I can dream of building a F-4 Sim-pit around my Martin Baker H-7 Ejection Seat from Phantom 69-0297....

MB H7 Seat 2.jpg

Out of a ‘G’ , nice!

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

37 minutes ago, Zpigman said:

God do I wish I had the real seat of one, let alone the money to build the rest of the pit.

I lucked into getting the seat at an affordable price. Just good timing. It was 95% complete as seen in that pic. It is about 98% complete now. A lot of the parts are hard to get these days as ARMAC stopped releasing surplus parts from them . They are all shredded now days. I hope to have it 100% complete one day. Just have to find the remaining few parts I need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manhorne said:

I lucked into getting the seat at an affordable price. Just good timing. It was 95% complete as seen in that pic. It is about 98% complete now. A lot of the parts are hard to get these days as ARMAC stopped releasing surplus parts from them . They are all shredded now days. I hope to have it 100% complete one day. Just have to find the remaining few parts I need.

Even the pyros? 

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

15 minutes ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

Even the pyros? 

That is the one part I am missing. They are out there but hard to find. I almost had a rocket pack for it a few weeks ago but missed out on it. I will find one eventually . I will just have to wait for one to show up for sale.

Edited by Manhorne

Just saw the teaser trailer in my youtube timeline and thought WTF??!?!?! 😄

• Like 2

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At 0:55, I see tail code JJ 279.

From a ZOTZ decal sheet, this is Wreckin' Crew.  67-0279 Block 34.  First flight in June 1968.  Transferred to 388th TFW 34th TFS.  Based in Korat, Thailand in 1969.  Presumed lost to AAA over Laos June 30, 1970.

Photo below looks like it might be from one of the Squadron books.  (It's not from the decal sheet I mention above.)

F-4E JJ-279.jpg

The HB FAQ does say the classical version would be block 36-45 before anyone takes this YT video becomes an admission of an imminent Thailand-Laos-Vietnam map.  (Assuming the hype train hasn't already achieved escape velocity.)

Edited by Tengu
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Manhorne said:

Lucked is right, granted I don't have the money to  spend on original aircraft parts (as much as I would rather be remade for sim use than scrap yard), otherwise I would be putting together a whole simpit with original parts rewired to function correctly. As it is, home built for me, for now. Do you know where I can find any of the dimensions of that freaking h-7 ejection seat? Martin Baker doesn't show the dimensions on their website, despite offering to rebuild/revitalize them for operators. 

4 minutes ago, Zpigman said:

Lucked is right, granted I don't have the money to  spend on original aircraft parts (as much as I would rather be remade for sim use than scrap yard), otherwise I would be putting together a whole simpit with original parts rewired to function correctly. As it is, home built for me, for now. Do you know where I can find any of the dimensions of that freaking h-7 ejection seat? Martin Baker doesn't show the dimensions on their website, despite offering to rebuild/revitalize them for operators. 

I have all the manuals for them and I am sure they are in there and will get them for you.

If there is any info you need at all about the seat I can provide it.

I also do have one panel for the F-4 that is complete. Its the Panel with the Jettison button and Land gear indicators on it...

27 minutes ago, Manhorne said:

I have all the manuals for them and I am sure they are in there and will get them for you.

If there is any info you need at all about the seat I can provide it.

I also do have one panel for the F-4 that is complete. Its the Panel with the Jettison button and Land gear indicators on it...

Thank you very much, but I am working (kind of sorta) with another in regards to the left hand panels, it is the damn seat and center/right panels that elude my grasp (along with anything rio/wso/gib wise duh). Just want to make it as accurate as possible to my budget, so I am deciding which panels to make first for each. 

Link to that discussion

12 minutes ago, Zpigman said:

Thank you very much, but I am working (kind of sorta) with another in regards to the left hand panels, it is the damn seat and center/right panels that elude my grasp (along with anything rio/wso/gib wise duh). Just want to make it as accurate as possible to my budget, so I am deciding which panels to make first for each. 

Link to that discussion

Like I said I have the seat manuals and will get that info for you. I am sure anything you would need to know about the seat is there...

On 1/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, dali said:

I will act surprise when ED announces Vietnam 🙂 (Mig-21 - check, Mig-19 - check, F-5 - check)

A-4E - Check

MiG-17 - on the way...?

A-6E (close enough) - on the way

A-7E (close enough) - on the way

F-8J - on the way

All we need then is a Thud, a Hun, and a Spad.  (F-105D, F-100D, A-1H) -- and a Jolly Green (HH-3)

As to WHEN it might come out as Early Access:  I would hope for a response from HB such as...

They are aiming for October 2022.  If they encounter difficulties with development, it could slip to as far out as April 2023 or more.  If everything goes well, possibly even September 2022.  And that they will TRY to give us an update the last week of every month, until then.  Even if to say, "Progress continues."...with a picture of some part of the aircraft to keep us pacified.  😀

Something like that.  Just my guessing/example here, I know nothing about the actual timeline!!  But if they tell us something like this, then we'd know from the start what time period we're looking at and even the chance it could take significantly longer.  And if it is going to be ready in July, just keep telling us October and then surprise us!  😃

Thanks, HB!

• Like 1

At last...Spooky is here!

Phabulous phantoms phor ever..

Thanks a lot Heatblur

• Like 1

Intel i7 4770,Gigabyte GA -H87-HD3,Corsair Vengeance 16Gb 1600MHz,SSD Samsung 840 Pro 128GB-OCZ TR150 480GB,Nvidia MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X,TrackIR 5,Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

To Heatblur team:

You all are freaking amazing!  I saw your logo, then the video showing the wingtip dihedral of a jet... It is YOU that will bring on the F-4!

Oh My Goodness.  Also that guitar, I hope the soundtrack will be another kickass one, brother!

Looking forward growing old with Heatblur for real!