Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

I am very interested when we get more infos about the F4 such as development pictures. If it is planed to release it this year there should be a lot of work in progress which Heatblur could show us. 

Edited by Max Thunder
  • Like 1
12700k | 3090 | 64GB DDR4 | WD SN850X | Quest 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, SgtPappy said:

Another thing I'm not sure of is the F-4E block 35 graphs. The hard wing F-4E plots I have show a significant decrease in STR compared to the slatted F-4E but these ones in your post show a slight advantage. Perhaps it is data extrapolated linearly by simply decreasing the weight from the 1-F4E-1 manual to emulate slatted Block 35 performance? 

Yes, the manuals we've been looking at definitely show a clear advantage to the slatted block 50 over the hard wing block 35 in terms of both STR & ITR. That was also the purpose of the "agile eagle" program which introduced the slats after all, i.e. to enhance the maneuverability of the F-4.  

6 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

Yes, the manuals we've been looking at definitely show a clear advantage to the slatted block 50 over the hard wing block 35 in terms of both STR & ITR. That was also the purpose of the "agile eagle" program which introduced the slats after all, i.e. to enhance the maneuverability of the F-4.  

Agile Eagle was to investigate whether slats of varying configurations would be beneficial to the embryonic F-15, as it turned out the F-15 didn’t need slats at all, so the beneficiary was the Phantom - on which several slat types were tested.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

3 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Agile Eagle was to investigate whether slats of varying configurations would be beneficial to the embryonic F-15, as it turned out the F-15 didn’t need slats at all, so the beneficiary was the Phantom - on which several slat types were tested.

Yes, my point is that the intention of equipping these devices was to increase maneuverability; which they also did, noticably so according to the available V-N and PS diagrams.

Edited by Hummingbird

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Robert31178 said:

I hate to be this guy, buuuut......

Do we know which late E we are getting?  Block 53??? (fingers crossed)

They haven't announced which Block the later variant will be.  We only know that we're getting a Block 36-45, and a DMAS version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

1 hour ago, Mike Force Team said:

Will we be able to fly the F-4 in the south Atlantic map when it is available?

MFT

You already made a thread regarding this question. As with any other module, the F-4 be useable in every map. 

Perhaps you are trying to ask something else that I am not understanding.

Hey everyone,

Don't expect to hear much, if at all, until we actually "unveil" the Phantom. 
While this may seem somewhat strange - it was always our intent to not announce the phantom until our unveiling later this year; but the high volume of requests and interest kind of precipitated the need for an announcement trailer ahead of time. 🙂

As an additional compounding factor, Russias' invasion of Ukraine has impacted us severely, and this will have an outsized impact on our time availability for updates before we're fully ready.

Thanks for all of the wonderful interest and support! We won't let you down.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 13

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 hour ago, Cobra847 said:

Thanks for all of the wonderful interest and support!

Thank you for the heads up and for setting expectations. Looking forward to the unveiling whenever it comes. Your passion shines through everything you folks do. Thoughts with all of you and may this insanity end soon. 

• Like 1

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

Sorry to hear that. I don't know that before. Do you have any staff in Ukraine, Russia or Belarus, or are you actually suffering from other affects of the war, sanction and confrontation? I hope you could have a safe and free condition for your work in the turmoil.

• Like 3

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:17 PM, Robert31178 said:

I hate to be this guy, buuuut......

Do we know which late E we are getting?  Block 53??? (fingers crossed)

DMAS version is blocks 48 to 65

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

Fingers crossed for at least a 53!! Thank you for the responses everyone and especially Cobra. You guys rock over there at HB!! So happy it is you guys doing the module. I would have trusted BST to do at least as good a job as their Sabre, but the Viggen and Tomcat have both been homeruns and groundbreakers. Can't wait to see this module!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robert31178 said:

Fingers crossed for at least a 53!! Thank you for the responses everyone and especially Cobra. You guys rock over there at HB!! So happy it is you guys doing the module. I would have trusted BST to do at least as good a job as their Sabre, but the Viggen and Tomcat have both been homeruns and groundbreakers. Can't wait to see this module!!

Just curious, what is it specifically about the block 53 that you're wanting?

IIRC they added the AGM 65 and some other fancy stuffin 53.

But I if understood the faq right, we get 65's and in general some updates that where retro fitted into older birds.

Yannick "Pancake"

CO VF-14 - vCVW Two

PILOT

[pahy-luh t] - noun

1. A person who does precision gueswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge. See also: wizard, magican

21 hours ago, Yannick Pancake said:

IIRC they added the AGM 65 and some other fancy stuffin 53.

But I if understood the faq right, we get 65's and in general some updates that where retro fitted into older birds.

That's what I'm thinking as well. HB stated the earlier block that's coming out will have DSCG, and a bunch of other retrofits from 1974 and earlier so there's a good chance it will have Mavs.

The later, DMAS bird will have TISEO, probably the AAQ radar mode, and other goodies.

Q: What variants will the Heatblur F-4 Phantom include?
A: The first release will be DCS: F-4E, the iconic land based variant of the Phantom. We will be launching two variants of the -E; a “classic era” F-4E (blocks 36-45 with updates retrofitted in 1974 and before, including new slats, DSCG and AGM-65) as well as an upgraded (DMAS) version of the aircraft in one package.