Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

We are hours away from seeing the video. Hopefully some good news! 

C39717FB-9A44-4D2F-A7B0-CD13055446A5.jpeg

• Like 5

Specs: i9 9900k, GTX 1080ti, 32gb ram, Oculus Rift S

Modules Owned: A-10A, A-10C, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, F-86F, M2000, MiG-29, MiG-21

Modules Most Wanted: F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S

4 minutes ago, Heinlein said:

well today is the day gents. The 2023 & beyond is coming.  We will either see the F-4 in game for the first time or not. We might get ecstatic or really disappointed.  

I think I saw on the discord server someone mentioning that there'll be more than just a little clip of the F-4 in there. I doubt they'd show it off on the teaser and not show it in the video.

• Like 1

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

4 hours ago, Heinlein said:

well today is the day gents. The 2023 & beyond is coming.  We will either see the F-4 in game for the first time or not. We might get ecstatic or really disappointed.  

Dont expected anything.... "2023 and beyond" has not a "F-4E presentation on society", has only a future plans by ED and 3rd parties.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, Silver_Dragon dijo:

Dont expected anything.... "2023 and beyond" has not a "F-4E presentation on society", has only a future plans by ED and 3rd parties.

Correct... remember the A6.

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

6 hours ago, Heinlein said:

We have already seen the F-4 in game in the announcement trailer:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Justo ahora, Silver_Dragon dijo:

A-6E has only a planned future module by Heatblur, and the "2022 and beyond" only show a none release AI A-6E unit planned, no a module, as the KA-6D.

The point is that we all believed that the launch would be imminent (per DCS space/time standards)... it has not been like that, neither AI or module.

• Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

10 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

The point is that we all believed that the launch would be imminent (per DCS space/time standards)... it has not been like that, neither AI or module.

Are you new here? 202X and beyond videos has only "plans" no "inminent releases", as other ED videos. Remember all 3rd party content (Modules, AIs, Weapons, assets, etc), need ED aproval.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

hace 22 minutos, Silver_Dragon dijo:

Are you new here? 202X and beyond videos has only "plans" no "inminent releases", as other ED videos. Remember all 3rd party content (Modules, AIs, Weapons, assets, etc), need ED aproval.

Please, you are taking everything as an attack on you or ED and this is not the case.

I only said that many, when we saw the video, believed that the A6 (IA or Module) would arrive soon and it did not. 

Edit: I only appeals to the control of expectations. 

Edited by Joe1978
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

Please, you are taking everything as an attack on you or ED and this is not the case.

I only said that many, when we saw the video, believed that the A6 (IA or Module) would arrive soon and it did not. 

Edit: I only appeals to the control of expectations. 

That is not a personal attack vs me or ED, has the reality. Remember I maintain the "Unoficial Roadmap" and I know as working ED and 3rd parties on "expectations" from 2012.... meanwhile dont see on a offical stament or a releases notes patch about some content, all has "Soon", from next patch to some mouth and/or years incoming.

About the A-6E module, by the HB roadmap, never was planned to release on 2022, and HB never has post any news about module progress (EFA module coming first), and very little news about AI. And about AIs, only need to see all work and time required by ED to build a new B-52/B-1B/S-3B... We only see the A-6E AI flyng (no bombing or refueling or take off) on some ED videos and never working on a Supercarrier, that a clear point the AI units has none complete. I waiting if appears on the "2023" video.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

6 minutes ago, Jaakov said:

No, that was rendered just for the purpose of announcement video. It was not shot in DCS

source?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

51 minutes ago, Joe1978 said:

Yeah, I kinda wish they wouldn't announce something that is years away. Same with the Eurofighter, announced what, 18 months ago now.

Just show me when it's nearly ready 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WinterH said:

Yours for it being in game?

The video itself, which looks very much like DCS ingame to me, including the model (maybe with a bit post production effects added).

2 hours ago, WinterH said:

I too remember it not being in-engine, and even model used not being Heatblur's actual DCS intented one.

You remember that from where?

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

The video itself, which looks very much like DCS ingame to me, including the model (maybe with a bit post production effects added).

You remember that from where?

HB did state in a comment response on their FB page that the vid was not the "In-Game" aircraft and that the vid was made and produced by a third party . I remembering them posting that vividly...

• Like 1